Final AP Poll!

PillsburyDoughboy

Looks like a majority of the pollsters actually used their brain in ranking TN above Bama.

But, you had a few idiots who put Bama as high as 2 ( šŸ¤” ); and then a few who put Penn St above us.

So, we end up at 6.

It still seems like a dream. White better step up and lock Heupel down with a great contract.

View attachment 163539
Cannot think for the life of.me how TCU wound up in the number 2 spot after last night's display and with two losses.

They did play OSU hard and did a good job there.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I may be totally wrong on this, but I think I remember this to be right:

There used to be an agreement in the BCS, whether signed or accepted, that may or may not still be in place, that the two teams in the NCG would be voted upon as 1-2 when the season completed. These results could still be in place, or could be a loose remnant of that.

Or I could just be totally misremembering that.

deerfever

This in my opinion is why you can't put much stock in polls. TCU gets beat 65 to 7 and ends up number 2? Name another team on the Georgia schedule they beat that bad? Wonder if TCU coach regrets talking about the SEC schools weak non conference schedule they play week 10 /11, comments made Dec 29, (I believe that's correct) I guess you believe if you play in the Big 12 conference and end the season with 10 conference games that you have played a tougher schedule? Looking at the top 10, I am guessing several of them would have possibly beat TCU( Michigan did not, 5 turnovers I believe) . It was a great story but they lost to Kansas State in conference championship. Look what Alabama did to the Big 12 champ Kansas State in their bowl game. TCU loses at least 3/4 games in SEC(strictly my opinion) . I will be glad when they expand the playoffs, I think some better teams got left out. Again a great story but things got put in perspective last night. Who beat the most top 25 teams that are still in the poll at the end of the season Georgia beat 7 , who was second? TN beat 4 !

Mescalero

I'm still not 100% sure what to think other than what transpired at Sofi last night was an absolute complete and total beat down. It's gotta give pause to Sarkisian at UTx, Venables at OU, and any kid thinking about going to one of those teams vs a SEC team. If the SEC is indeed this much stronger a conference, UTx and OU joining might be a punch-in-the-throat-wake-up call that was reflected on the field last night.
Was TCU playing 14 teams Monday night? I only saw Georgia on the field (TCU was also reported to be on the field, but not so sure about that).

Mescalero

This in my opinion is why you can't put much stock in polls. TCU gets beat 65 to 7 and ends up number 2? Name another team on the Georgia schedule they beat that bad? Wonder if TCU coach regrets talking about the SEC schools weak non conference schedule they play week 10 /11, comments made Dec 29, (I believe that's correct) I guess you believe if you play in the Big 12 conference and end the season with 10 conference games that you have played a tougher schedule? Looking at the top 10, I am guessing several of them would have possibly beat TCU( Michigan did not, 5 turnovers I believe) . It was a great story but they lost to Kansas State in conference championship. Look what Alabama did to the Big 12 champ Kansas State in their bowl game. TCU loses at least 3/4 games in SEC(strictly my opinion) . I will be glad when they expand the playoffs, I think some better teams got left out. Again a great story but things got put in perspective last night. Who beat the most top 25 teams that are still in the poll at the end of the season Georgia beat 7 , who was second? TN beat 4 !
If anything, the CFP proved once and for all that the transitive property doesn't translate to FBS college football.

Gravey

Here's why the Vols ended at #6 instead of top 5. I don't care either way but funny the ones who didn't vote them as high all have a little axe to grind. šŸ˜† Saban voting Bama #2 might be the funniest of all. šŸ¤£

PalsPal

Here's why the Vols ended at #6 instead of top 5. I don't care either way but funny the ones who didn't vote them as high all have a little axe to grind. šŸ˜† Saban voting Bama #2 might be the funniest of all. šŸ¤£

Exposing them is hilarious!