Fence around deer feeder

Beardendy88

I've been having a problem with my cows getting into my deer feeder, salt licks, and just ticking me off so I decided to put 2 strands of barb wire up to fence them off. Well today I went to check my cam and not one deer picture. I hope I didn't make a bad decision and I was hoping to get some feedback, thanks.

Hunter 257W

You might try lowering the top wire in one spot. Low enough to encourage the deer to jump but still too high for cows to jump over. IT's worth a try.

Rackseeker

They will get use to the barbed wire. The fence around the feeder is a good idea after season when they start shedding their antlers. When they jump the fence to get to the feeder the jolt from landing will knock off loose horns.

Beardendy88

The feeder is really not the problem, it is my salt licks and trophy rocks, they go through a trophy rock in 2 weeks and tear up my licks. I didn't know what else to do cuz I've never had this problem before.

SALTMAN

I trained them cows ! Just like the ones on Chik filet commercials . Them Trophyrocks are good for them cows too !
Seriously, how big an area did you fence in ? may be too small. they (deer) will get used to it , if its not too small.