Favorite Boot

Rakkin6

Just wondering what everyone wears. Depending on temps I either wear my muck field blazer if it's cooler or my lacrosse uninsulated bottom land boots. Along with my snake gaiters. Both are rubber. Just wondering for you guys that wear the leather boots like them especially with all the rain and crossing streams etc. I hate wet feet with a passion no matter the temps.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Sportsman's guide rubber/PVC boot if I'm going to walk through creeks at all. Otherwise, in some places hiking style boots are fine (I have some discontinued Rockies with Vibram soles).

Boll Weevil

Chippewa snake boots.
1644327494306.png

SteveJ

I have a pair of Muck Woody Max that I wear some and a pair of Danner Vital boots I just bought. I had some LaCrosse boots that finally gave up on me this past season. I usually wear a lace up waterproof boot to my stand because I walk steep terrain where I normally hunt and my heel doesn't slip in those. If I have to go through wet grass or a creek, I'll wear the Muck boots

Kyboy

I also wear lacrosse grange, they are nice, but man they will burn your feet up on some long walks and on rocks. I am also curious about some good lace ups. Need some nice waterproof ones for shed and turkey turkey hunting.

Spurhunter

I also wear lacrosse grange, they are nice, but man they will burn your feet up on some long walks and on rocks. I am also curious about some good lace ups. Need some nice waterproof ones for shed and turkey turkey hunting.
Try the Agility. Not near as hot as the Grange and much more comfortable. I wore Grange for decades myself.

Rakkin6

If you need a waterproof 17" boot look no further than the Lacrosse Alpha Agility. These are the most comfortable hunting boots I've ever worn. They are making it in a snake boot now, which I haven't tried. I just don't worry too much about snakes.
Better man than I am, I hate snakes.

megalomaniac

used to wear rubber boots all day, now I've switched to some cheap Merrell chameleon 7 mid hikers (they are shorter than most 'mid' hikers) after the morning hunt a couple years ago when Midway put the old model on closeout for $70. They are insanely light, insanely comfortable, and seem to be holding up better than I would have expected. I've got around 300 miles on them the past 2 years, and no issues. The only problem... they stink to high heaven. I wear wool socks, get them soaked on occasion, and at times don't have access to a shoe dryer. So they smell horrible. Washed the insoles, filled them with baking soda has helped.

I would want more ankle support if I were hunting in the Appalachians or the Rockies, but where I do the vast majority of my hunting, they are just perfect. Best move I've ever made... never been actually happy about putting a pair of boots on.

And besides, I only got 3 seasons or so before the soles would detach off my rubber boots. Glue them back on, get another season, reglue, get another season. Happens to me with muck and lacrosse. All models I've used. That's getting old.

Rakkin6

Run across several of these every spring...head as big as a billiard ball and body like a Louisville slugger. Hunting Hatchie river bottoms you just learn to live with'em.

View attachment 128277
That thing would get some #9 shot if I ran up on it. I am from East Tennessee and we have them and rattlers bad over there. I probably see more Moccasins back home than anything though

megalomaniac

Run across several of these every spring...head as big as a billiard ball and body like a Louisville slugger. Hunting Hatchie river bottoms you just learn to live with'em.

View attachment 128277
I see them all over the swamps down here in south MS... Thing is, they are predictably close to water, so easy to spot and avoid for me. I'll prob eventually get bitten, and I bet $$$ it will be a copperhead that gets me. I just CAN'T see them unless they are moving.

Latest posts