Uninsulated Hunting boot recommendations

wkyhunter

After looking the the snake Boot thread, pretty much decided to pickup a good pair of boots and some gaters.
My snake boots have been extremely helpful as tick deterrents. And I'll admit they do give me some piece of mind.
Looks like I've got a good start on gaters. Now, what's your advice on some decent quantity uninsulated boots with some waterproofing???
Thanks.

Rakkin6

Do you want rubber, leather or are either fine. If either are fine I like my Lacrosse Grange boots for rubber and if not rubber check out the Lowa Zephyrs.

REN

just out of all the ones Ive personally tried (waterproof was a requirement for me).
Merrell was very good for the price you can find them particularlly the Moab3 gortex
La Sportiva GTX are my current ones and I really really like them
Crispi are above and beyond but pricey and take some time to break in
I had a few danners and every one of them leaked, even sent them back multiple times. Granted I did not have a full leather set of them.

scn

It is usually so wet in the morning where I hunt, I ended up in some Lacrosse non-insulated rubber boots and snake gaiters for many years. The traditional cordura type snake boots (that usually leak) would work for afternoon hunts after it dried out some. That worked for many years.

Last year my old alpha sport boots pretty much reached their last legs. Shoo Goo was a temporary fix. Someone on here had mentioned how light and comfortable the newer Lacrosse Alpha Agility boots were. They are a little pricey, but I rolled the dice on a pair of them in their snake boot version hoping to ditch the snake gaiters. They were money! They were as light as my older Lacrosse that required the snake gaiters. So, rubber snake boots in the morning with a better tread and no gaiters. And, if it dries out, my Danner snake boots are like wearing a pair of tennis shoes for afternoon hunting.

I really like the taller boots in the spring for a better tick/snake barrier.

Last edited:

Spurhunter

If you are going to be around water the LaCrosse Agility are lightweight and ultra comfortable. I always wear 17" boots for crossing ditches and creeks. These are the most comfortable I've ever owned.

hbg1

just out of all the ones Ive personally tried (waterproof was a requirement for me).
Merrell was very good for the price you can find them particularlly the Moab3 gortex
La Sportiva GTX are my current ones and I really really like them
Crispi are above and beyond but pricey and take some time to break in
I had a few danners and every one of them leaked, even sent them back multiple times. Granted I did not have a full leather set of them.
Moab 3 goretex boots? Didn't know they existed

REN

Moab 3 goretex boots? Didn't know they existed
My mistake I meant Moab 2 not the 3s. But they were good boots, wore them HARD for 2 turkey and 2 deer seasons and they never leaked. Switched to La Sportiva since then though, liked those were lighter and less hot then the merrell ones for me.

MickThompson

I've tried Danner and Irish Setters and didn't care for them. They just didn't fit my feet and weren't terribly dry. Keen are comfortable and dry but didn't last for me. Lowas are pretty good, but the best for my feet so far have been Crispi boots.

NChunt1

Crispi Nevadas for me probably the best pair of boots I've ever worn. I would have blown out 3 or 4 pairs of Danner pronghorns by now and the crispi are still going strong

doubledownranch

I have two pairs of Crispi boots. The Crispi Nevadas and the Crispi Valdres.

I bought the Crispi Nevadas and they've been on backpack elk hunts to British Columbia and chasing Mtn Lions in the Colorado mountains twice. They are worth every penny.

I then bought the Crispi Valdres to hunt here at home and they're equally as impressive. Spend the money, clean and condition the leather every now and then, and you won't find a finer boot on the market.

Latest posts