Favorite Boot

RoyalPrudent

I don't have any water where I turkey hunt now. Bought a used pair of Danner Tachyon off of a buddy, and don't think i'll hunt with any others in the future. Love those things. Had a pair of Le Chameau that I used to hunt Osceola's in the glades with, and they're good for rubber boots, But unless I'm wading I'll go with the Danners.

Spurhunter

Better man than I am, I hate snakes.
No sir. I've seen your military service history. I don't like venomous snakes at all, but I almost never see one while turkey hunting. I've almost stepped on a couple copperheads, but we are talking about 20+ years of turkey hunting, and I hunt a LOT. I've never had a snake strike at me or get aggressive while turkey hunting. Now, summertime? That's a different story. That's when I worry about them.

Levee Jumper

Im a fan of the Grange boots as well but but attached some frogg toggs uppers to them. I dont like wet feet.

IMG_4960.jpg
IMG_4958.jpg

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I used to wear rubber boots and then some nicer waterproof hunting boots until they wore out many years ago. Now I wear whatever work-boots are sitting by the door, usually just some leather hiker type. I don't worry about wet feet anymore, just walk across the creeks, get wet and keep going.

Chiflyguy

Just wondering what everyone wears. Depending on temps I either wear my muck field blazer if it's cooler or my lacrosse uninsulated bottom land boots. Along with my snake gaiters. Both are rubber. Just wondering for you guys that wear the leather boots like them especially with all the rain and crossing streams etc. I hate wet feet with a passion no matter the temps.
I would think as a special forces guy, you would have tested out a bunch of boots.
We should ask you for recommendations.😀

Rakkin6

I would think as a special forces guy, you would have tested out a bunch of boots.
We should ask you for recommendations.😀
I have but I also pretty much have operated in the desert since 9-11. So not a lot of water crossing lol. I will give you my opinion though. I have a pair of Lowas that made it through some pretty rough stuff in Syria after 3 deployments. They are a hiking style boot. I highly recommend them. Little dirty and scuffed but stitching is great and so are the soles. Second favorite pair of boots are my OD Green jungle boots. Actually Iay give those Jungle boots a try this year during turkey season. Put a ton of kiwi on the leather and then use some silicone on the canvas

Chief44

I've been wearing the lacrosse snake country slip on boot for last couple of seasons and love them. Very comfortable and feet haven't been wet yet.

Attachments

• 729BB7C3-F49B-431F-ACEF-D9CF411EFF39.jpeg
    729BB7C3-F49B-431F-ACEF-D9CF411EFF39.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 40

wildlifefarmer

Danner snake boots. They are mostly leather that fits like a glove. Good ankle support and they break in easily. I wear them anytime time I'm in the woods or high grass from spring through fall or until the snakes are in.

Willysman

Wear an old pair of Columbia hiking boots. Very comfortable. Have some Turtle skin snake gaiters I wear sometimes if I'm hunting in the mountains. Don't worry much about snakes.

Keystone Cop

Just wondering what everyone wears. Depending on temps I either wear my muck field blazer if it's cooler or my lacrosse uninsulated bottom land boots. Along with my snake gaiters. Both are rubber. Just wondering for you guys that wear the leather boots like them especially with all the rain and crossing streams etc. I hate wet feet with a passion no matter the temps.
Army Surplus insulated, n Arctic Shield boot covers. It works

Latest posts