Food Plots Fall seed mixes

Browning3006

I have mowed and sprayed it during the 3 weeks I was there in July. By the time September rolls around there should be minimal weeds in the plots. Make for easy tilling.
I would like to incorporate several lbs of winter peas in the plots. We have a pretty good deer density and with the plots only being around 1 acre a piece they may wipe them out within the first 2-4 weeks.

JCDEERMAN

Turned my seed order in today for next month. Probably won't plant until Sept whenever weather is right. Big year for us planting. Lots of clover at end of life cycle & several new plots that we pushed out logging decks last year. Had 120T lime spread last year and did soil tests in March. All our old plots are in great shape ranging from 6.2-7.1. A lot of new ones are mid to high 5's, with one being a 4.9! Brought nearly 3 tons of pelletized lime up today to help them out.

Low PH seed order:
25 bags of cereal rye & 300# of Crimson & Rape blended together.

Good PH seed order:
25 bags of grain mix wheat, oats, rye & crimson.Just their standard low cost mix. 250# blend of Durana, Advantage Landino, Yucci Arrowleaf, Fixation Balansa & Brassicas
That's awesome!

One of our new fields last year was 4.8ph 😳. But we amended it enough to where there were deer in the field every night.

I really want to get down to AL and get some of that seed mixture.

BSK

One of our new fields last year was 4.8ph 😳. But we amended it enough to where there were deer in the field every night.
I would love to start with a pH of 4.8. My plots, when they're newly bulldozed out, start at 4.3! In theory, that's acidic enough to melt your shoes!

boonencrockett

That's awesome!

I really want to get down to AL and get some of that seed mixture.
What did u do ? Anything special ? I battle low ph because the pines and cedars surrounding my fields . Had to dump 46-0-0 more times than I wanted to keep immune green got it limed this year fingers crossed

Latest posts