Fall is the time for Specks and Spots!(Pic Heavy)

7mm08

Speckled Trout and Spottail Bass(Redfish) in Beaufort SC two weeks ago. I love that area. Great fishing and great folks!

Six guys, three boats. No buddy limits, just your fish kept that you caught. Five guys with flyrods, one guy with spinrod and artificials so no live bait. All fish with in the limits and slots per SC DNR.

Saturday night before the fishing begins....Months of work in the flies.
Beaufort2012.jpg

a rootbeer slider....kind of a crab/shrimp pattern..
IMG_0556.jpg

Just "a place" close to the ramp we took out of....
HPIM0372.jpg

Speck

IMGP0251.jpg

Spots...this one too big to keep (outside the 23" slot max.)
IMGP0274.jpg

IMGP0272.jpg

Low tide, skinny water red hookup (I'm still waiting on the pic. 24" red)
IMGP0277-1.jpg

Tuesday's catch before a front came in an shut the whole thing DOWN.
TuesdaySC2012-1.jpg

God lives out here somewhere....
IMGP0278-1.jpg

Buzzard Breath

Wow! It looks like you had an awesome trip. I couldn't even begin to imagine how many hours you've spent behind the vise tying that many flies.

7mm08

GRAMPS said:
Good eating right there.

That is a pretty place. Wife and I camp down there at Hunting Island State Park.

you pass right by the house we rent. It's across the creek from the shrimp boats just before Harbor Bridge on Coffin Point.

We fillet those fish out, then vacuum seal them that night, freeze them,and then on the way home stop at the Publix in Beaufort for dry ice for the trip home. Frozen solid until we get home. I will eat off this trip for a month or so.

MidTennFisher

Brings back memories, I'm from south Florida. Me and my father fished the Florida Bay several times a year for the entire weekend for seatrout, redfish, snook but we could only keep two redfish a piece I believe. That's a delicious bunch of meals you have ahead of you. Nice work!!

Latest posts