Everybody still having a powder crisis?

89cherokeelimited

Is everybody still having a powder crisis?
I'm wanting to get some more powder for some stock pile but I STILL can't find any pistol powder in stores.
Didn't know if other people in surrounding areas were having luck or if everyone is still out?

Hunter 257W

It seems like Powder Valley is still out of most powders most of the time. Fortunately I am a hoarder from birth and had plenty when this craziness started, so haven't had to buy any at higher than normal prices. If everybody would just get what they really need at this point supply would be able to catch up with demand. It's easy to say that but hard to do when you've been out for a year and suddenly see something you need. Most people will react by buying everything they can get their hands on at that point and I can't really blame them. The secret is to stock up in the good times so you don't HAVE to pay scalper prices in a crisis!

DaveB

I saw 3 one pound containers of RL15 on a BPS shelf. First time I had seen one ANYWHERE since January, 2013.

Varget is not scarce. Varget is impossible. Most RLxx is the same. IMR4350 sells out close to instantly.

There are no 210M or 215M primers.

In general, I wouldn't say Dawn is breaking on the shortages.

I have my stash and by my count, I am good through the 2016 election.

treefarmer

Won a .38 special a year ago at a Friends of NRA banquet and have been looking for Universal ever since with no luck. I've read on reloading websites of people having powder stashes in their home and garage and out building and looking for more. Like Hunter 257W said if we'd quit hoarding for a while we'd catch up. This is hurting our ability to recruit new reloaders to the hobby.

.444 Marlin

I use H414 in most of my loads and its not all that hard to find but its damn near impossible to find at a decent price. I used to get it for $19 per lb but now everywhere i see it is $39

sll

.444 Marlin said:
I use H414 in most of my loads and its not all that hard to find but its damn near impossible to find at a decent price. I used to get it for $19 per lb but now everywhere i see it is $39
Midsouth Shooters Supply has it in stock for $19.40 a pound if you are near there. They have IMR4350 in stock also.

Rockhound

I'm good on most everything, I always pick up a couple pounds of Imr 4350, sr4759 and benchmark when I can. I need a pound of Lil Gun but I'll find it in time. Powder doesn't sell out very fast here anymore, primers are plentiful, brass is nonexistent

89cherokeelimited

Rockhound said:
I'm good on most everything, I always pick up a couple pounds of Imr 4350, sr4759 and benchmark when I can. I need a pound of Lil Gun but I'll find it in time. Powder doesn't sell out very fast here anymore, primers are plentiful, brass is nonexistent

I may be taking a trip to Lawrenceburg this weekend then if there is some powder down there.
I'm really wanting to stock up a little more on powder for my .40, my wife's and stepdad's 9mm, and my mom's .380.
(I reload for the family lol)
I got 3 lbs of bluedot about 5 months ago and haven't seen any since.
I'll change my charges up if I need to but I just need to be able to get a little more pistol powder. Maybe 3-4 more lbs and i'm good to go.
Guns and Leather has primers galore everytime I go up there.
I have thousands of brass I just need to make sure I have enough powder to fill them lol

KPH

A-H Reloading in Nashville seems to have powder also Reloaders Bench in Mt Juliet. Give them a call see if they have what you want.

Rockhound

89cherokeelimited said:
Rockhound said:

I may be taking a trip to Lawrenceburg this weekend then if there is some powder down there.
I'm really wanting to stock up a little more on powder for my .40, my wife's and stepdad's 9mm, and my mom's .380.
(I reload for the family lol)
I got 3 lbs of bluedot about 5 months ago and haven't seen any since.
I'll change my charges up if I need to but I just need to be able to get a little more pistol powder. Maybe 3-4 more lbs and i'm good to go.
Guns and Leather has primers galore everytime I go up there.
I have thousands of brass I just need to make sure I have enough powder to fill them lol

Nothing but Sr4759 to be found here at the moment, I have a couple # of bluedot but I haven't seen Alliant powder on a shelf in a year probably

Latest posts