Evening hunt today

Grouse

There's always a chance, but I try to concentrate my hunting days on more favorable conditions. Deer hunting is not my favorite and I burn myself out quick if I just hunt any ol hot evening donating all my blood to the skeeters. But if you don't have a ton of opportunity to go then hammer down, if you're in the woods there's a chance.

hillbillyfab

I slipped in a quick hunt Sunday afternoon. I was in the woods and up a tree by 4:30pm. I took my Thermacell with me and boy was I glad to have it. Within a half hour I had four slick heads come walking the ridge at me. I wasn't able to get a shot, so I just watched them as they eased on past me. I honestly didn't have high hopes before the hunt, but I learn something from observing deer every time I'm in the woods. If you're able to go, I'd definitely go is the point I'm trying to make.

Ski

Yes it's well worth the effort. I hunt days like this in new & different places, scouting as much as I am hunting. My real good spots are reserved for days when the weather is right and I have time to devote a long sit. I wouldn't blow out one of my best spots on a day like this but I'd sure blow out some spots I've never been to before in hopes of finding good spots for later this season or next season.

deerfever

Some of the best deer I have daylight pictures of was during the velvet hunt when it was extremely hot! I outsmarted them and stayed at the house! Lol,you just never know

Madbowh

I can get out on public by around 4pm. Any point to this today? Seems like it's a bit warm
I would have more questions for myself than answers for that. Any cameras? If so anything on them? If no cameras, any good consistent sign? Have you sat there before, if so you see anything? I've got a big ten on camera at 5 in the evening with a wide 8 point in 90 degrees.

Latest posts