Etowah poaching

Gav-n-Tn

Does anyone else find it unusual that they released this much information about their evidence while it's still apparently ongoing?
I guess they operate under the assumption that you're not getting out of the charges AND mix in a little "public court of opinion" along with it? A chance to publicize what they're doing to enforce the laws. I've heard there are certain charges where they've already auctioned off the confiscated goods before it ever goes to trial (sales of ammunition without tax stamp).

DeerCamp

I honestly do not understand? Why? I've never once felt like I needed bait to kill a deer? Not to mention all of the negative effects it can have on wildlife....laziness I guess? Thinking its going to make killing deer easier? How about spending that bait money and time on habitat improvements that can improve your hunting experience and actually help wildlife.
I believe a lot of people bait. It's unfortunate because it does give them an advantage on small parcels.

But the fact that this guy was hunting on private property without permission is the real eggregious part

lafn96

I believe a lot of people bait. It's unfortunate because it does give them an advantage on small parcels.

But the fact that this guy was hunting on private property without permission is the real eggregious part
Seeing how much corn they stock at Rural King, Walmart, Tractor Supply, etc tells you how many people are baiting

Gav-n-Tn

I think the fact that the alleged same person came here to expose a TWRA officer for hunting over feed and then turned around and supposedly did it himself ALONG with being on private land is the audacious part to me.

bowhunterfanatic

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that last part. I realize how ironic it is that he got caught doing the exact thing he was railing against (I'd wager dollars to donuts he'd been caught in the past and fined for it, thus resulting in his tirade when the TWRA agent didn't get in trouble) but hunting private property without permission is CRAZY to me.

7mmWSM

I put baiting deer up there with running dogs. You either know how to hunt or you don't. If you have to bait them or run them then you're not a hunter in my eyes.

Omega

When I first purchased my 7.2 acre plot, I set up a feeder, with the intention of pulling it down the required 10 days prior to hunting the bottom where I placed it. In the few months I had it out, it did not get any action, and I had a camera trap on it. I pulled it down, and after deer season, I spread the corn out and all the turkeys and squirrels had a field day. Now I just do a small food plot and minerals, and always have deer cruising on by. To me, it is much more hassle and expense to run a feeder when a food plot and minerals do about the same thing. The only reason to run a feeder now, would be if I had hogs in the area, then yea, that may bring me to running one.

rem270

When I first purchased my 7.2 acre plot, I set up a feeder, with the intention of pulling it down the required 10 days prior to hunting the bottom where I placed it. In the few months I had it out, it did not get any action, and I had a camera trap on it. I pulled it down, and after deer season, I spread the corn out and all the turkeys and squirrels had a field day. Now I just do a small food plot and minerals, and always have deer cruising on by. To me, it is much more hassle and expense to run a feeder when a food plot and minerals do about the same thing. The only reason to run a feeder now, would be if I had hogs in the area, then yea, that may bring me to running one.
I'm in KY where baiting is legal. I'm in 2 of the 5 counties where it's not legal now to to high risk CWD stuff. Even before I hardly ever put corn out. Most of the time it was summer time to start getting inventory pics for the new season. I have so many acorns come October that I would just be wasting money dumping corn out. I seen 197 does and 70 bucks this season and didn't dump out the first kernel. Even being in a baiting state all my life I've never seen much of an advantage for it and I've never killed a mature buck over a pile of corn.

timberjack86

No rabbit hunting is fine because they won't normally come walking by you. I'm talking about dogs running deer I don't care for. Jmo
I don't care for running deer with dogs either but I'm not gonna knock somebody for doing it in states that its legal. Saying a houndsman isn't a hunter is absurd imo

jlanecr500

I don't care for running deer with dogs either but I'm not gonna knock somebody for doing it in states that its legal. Saying a houndsman isn't a hunter is absurd imo
Agreed. We hunt Eglin AFB in early Feb almost every year during their late primitive weapons season. There are thousands of acres there dedicated to deer hunting with dogs. I've never done it but just think, that deer is gonna be hauling the mail. To make a good shot on it, a fellow would have to have some skill. Granted, it is a different skillset than we still hunters use but respectable none the less.

Latest posts