Etowah poaching

Boone25/06

We had a guy we know get busted for baiting. We found out because of his mug shot, he said that when you get caught for baiting you get a mugshot now. Which I assume means you technically get arrested.
What county would it have been in? I know in Marshall county several people who have been caught baiting or not tagging are having mugshots taken. From what I heard they just have to go to the jail by a certain time to have it taken. Not actually arrested on site or held. I was under the impression this was somehow the counties choice.

deerhunter10

What county would it have been in? I know in Marshall county several people who have been caught baiting or not tagging are having mugshots taken. From what I heard they just have to go to the jail by a certain time to have it taken. Not actually arrested on site or held. I was under the impression this was somehow the counties choice.
I live on the maury marshall line. This guy is also on the line but don't remember which county it was. That was it he had to basically turn himself in and then of course go to court over it.

Snake

He lives in McMinn Co. Hunts alot in Midwestern states with his son .

7mmWSM

I'm curious... how do they decide when to arrest someone, and when to just write them a ticket?
Usually you get arrested from what I've seen is when you're a habitual offender. I know of one guy here who was busted several times for baiting but didn't get arrested until he tried to bribe the GW.

Pole axe was the same douch that told me when I prosecuted a road hunter on my place that "it's just a damn deer man". I guess it must of hit close to home for him🤔.

I hope he gets what he deserves.

DeerCamp

Usually you get arrested from what I've seen is when you're a habitual offender. I know of one guy here who was busted several times for baiting but didn't get arrested until he tried to bribe the GW.

Pole axe was the same douch that told me when I prosecuted a road hunter on my place that "it's just a damn deer man". I guess it must of hit close to home for him🤔.

I hope he gets what he deserves.
Wow. Yeah, makes a bit more sense now

DoubleRidge

I honestly do not understand? Why? I've never once felt like I needed bait to kill a deer? Not to mention all of the negative effects it can have on wildlife....laziness I guess? Thinking its going to make killing deer easier? How about spending that bait money and time on habitat improvements that can improve your hunting experience and actually help wildlife.

MickThompson

I honestly do not understand? Why? I've never once felt like I needed bait to kill a deer? Not to mention all of the negative effects it can have on wildlife....laziness I guess? Thinking its going to make killing deer easier? How about spending that bait money and time on habitat improvements that can improve your hunting experience and actually help wildlife.
Rep.Hensley introduces a bill every legislative session seeking to legalize bait. Apparently he and his constituents disagree with you and me on this issue.

Glad he's focused on the really important issues🙄

Latest posts