ESECPN $

PalsPal

The SEC Network partnership may just keep them afloat. Or it may be a big factor in the mothership's decline. I watch it probably four times as much as regular ESPN.

TreyB

PalsPal":1gphbim7 said:
The SEC Network partnership may just keep them afloat. Or it may be a big factor in the mothership's decline. I watch it probably four times as much as regular ESPN.

Winner!!

TreyB

Vermin93":1qi6pl0x said:
I have not enjoyed the new format of College Football Final.
Watched about 5 minutes and couldn't watch anymore...

Scioto

Hillbilly Hunter":2yandvmq said:
I dont like to see anyone lose thier job.

^^^^^ This.

Yes, a few big names will get the axe (and snag a new gig on another network), but most of those who lose their jobs are going to be the mid-level and lower level employees. Not like there are a lot of tv or cable networks to jump to in Bristol, CT.

mjac

Central west coast of Florida, but hunt SE Tn.
Hillbilly Hunter":19j2pggn said:
mjac":19j2pggn said:
baddnole":19j2pggn said:
http://thebiglead.com/2015/09/21/layoffs-are-coming-to-espn/

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fellers. :pray: :pray: :pray: :rotf: :rotf: :tu:

Amen. One can only prey Mr Herbstreit gets the axe.

Why don't you like Herbstreit?

Thanks for asking.

Near the end of the FSU/Oregon Rose Bowl game the Rose Bowl officials asked the FSU team to leave the field as quickly as possible. This was done because TV time was running out and the officials wanted to have the field cleared quickly to proceed with the trophy presentation. Apparently the officials did not want the players lingering on the field.

Mr Herbstreit up in the booth, fat dumb and happy, had no clue as to why the players were leaving the field. Mr Herbstreit disrespected the FSU players by announcing, not once but repeatedly, that FSU players were showing poor sportsman by not remaining on the field. (I should add that most of the FSU team complied but some didn't get the word and did offer congratulations to their opponents on the field.)

Several days later FSU wrote ESPN asked them and Mr Herbstreit to publicly admit to their unfortunate error and for Mr Herbstreit to amend his on the air comments regarding poor sportsmanship. Neither ESPN or Mr Herbstreit have yet to reply to FSU's request.

THEdonkey0515

TreyB":2fth4jik said:
LINK to that ??? NEVER heard that anywhere
Same here Never heard that story. I remember FSU leaving the field, and the whole poor sportsmanship thing. But I never heard the part about them being asked to run off like that due to TV time running out.

TreyB

THEdonkey0515":nth465r6 said:
TreyB":nth465r6 said:
LINK to that ??? NEVER heard that anywhere
Same here Never heard that story. I remember FSU leaving the field, and the whole poor sportsmanship thing. But I never heard the part about them being asked to run off like that due to TV time running out.
Agree...

mjac

Central west coast of Florida, but hunt SE Tn.

TreyB

mjac":24qwr98e said:
You won't find much because there aren't too many media outlets willing to call out ESPN, but it happened.
Note that one article contains a tweet from Mr Herbstreit stating he didn't care what the circumstances were they should have stayed on the field. It happened.

http://www.fatmanwriting.com/2015/01/fl ... -bowl.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2 ... _told_fsu/

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Board ... d-34367689

"fatmanwriting.com"???? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The Hill

TreyB":2wfzlna5 said:
"fatmanwriting.com"???? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Better put a rear view mirror on that bike Trey as much time as you spend going backwards. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Attachments

• back peddling.gif
    back peddling.gif
    123.6 KB · Views: 404

Latest posts