Echo Breaker vs XLT

Displaced_Vol

Bout that time to get a new call. Leaning towards one of the two listed above, anyone have experience with both by chance? I thought the Breaker was a slightly louder version of the XLT but now I think I've got that backwards.

I've got a lot of calls so I'm not trying to fill a need or find a good compliment to another call, I just like buying and trying new calls.

UT-longbeard

Bout that time to get a new call. Leaning towards one of the two listed above, anyone have experience with both by chance? I thought the Breaker was a slightly louder version of the XLT but now I think I've got that backwards.

I've got a lot of calls so I'm not trying to fill a need or find a good compliment to another call, I just like buying and trying new calls.
I think the breaker is more of a competition call/open water. I have a range of calls and the cocobola xlt is a great all around call

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
It's a nasty shot in the dark these days, for sure.
If you don't ever want to have to deal with tuning your own reeds, get the XLT. The Breaker is fantastic for me, but it was tuned way too soft and quiet (and I'm not the only one to experience this). Now I've got mine tuned great, to do quiet and "normal" greeting calls—and I *can* even do a hail call if I open the exhaust, but it's not really practical for where I hunt (otherwise I'd have left the reed even longer than I did).

Latest posts