East TN - WMA or TVA land?

Black Titan

Mighty noble of you brother ! Great gesture .

Yes it is and I appreciate the offers I've received from all here. I plan to follow up soon. Things got a little crazy this week. Got two teenagers in high-school and it's homecoming week and the one plays sports so I've been swamped.

BT

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Yes it is and I appreciate the offers I've received from all here. I plan to follow up soon. Things got a little crazy this week. Got two teenagers in high-school and it's homecoming week and the one plays sports so I've been swamped.

BT
I totally understand life can get crazy. When ever you want to hunt just shoot me a pm.

kamml

Hi folks,

New to hunting TN and brand new to hunting archery, and looking to get out this year. I had some private land lined up but those plans changed and now I'm looking for somewhere to go.

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on which one of these areas would be better for a first hunt, and mostly, safer for someone who may be going alone.

I'm looking possibly at the Mt Roosevelt WMA, and there's some TVA land that looks like it could be a good option in Solway, but I haven't had a chance to get out and look at it. It looks fairly small. I've only been looking at it from Google maps.

Also, any tips for someone going into it alone? I've got a portable GPS, and plan to let loved ones know where I'm at but not sure about cell reception in these areas. Would you suggest wearing orange during archery? I know it's more of an issue for gun season due to the ranges from which shots are being taken, but I cant imagine a broadhead would feel very good being shot from someone who didn't verify their target before releasing.

BT
I have spent quite a bit of time on Mt Roosevelt WMA, its got great habitat but low deer concentrations. I would recommend hunting the edges on the west side below the airport. I have seen both deer as well as sign in that area.