Duck Blind - Relocation & Rebuild

thor3030

I got my card added with a guy from work and we are going to have to build a new blind. Are there any specs to go by? Any certain size it has to be? Does anyone know anything? Thanks ahead of time!!

If you are talking about a WMA draw blind , there are no size restrictions. Build what you want. I think there is a max of 8 people that can hunt at one time. Also in your heading you said relocate. If it is a draw blind , you need an ok from area manager to relocate. Must stay in current location of old blind unless you get authorization.

Grizzly Johnson

If it is a WMA blind.... there are size restrictions (least there are where I have had experience).... should be a 300sq ft. max not counting the boat hide..... if I remember correctly.

I had a paper from the blind draw with the exact guidlines but don't have it in front of me.

thor3030

The blind is on Old Hickory Lake on the lower end of the 109 bridge. Area 2 new location drawn with TWRA on Aug 3rd.

Pic IN the Casa

I would speak to the WMA mgr or someone from TWRA before doing anything. The mgr's are pretty helpful and easy to deal with when you have taken the time to ask them questions pertaining to doing things 'by the rule'.

thor3030

TWRA listed the blind location as "New Location-Rebuild". I may ask about some info from the TWRA post link. I have seen that 300 sf is the max size. We just want to make sure we don't have problems or do it wrong and have to start over or something. Thanks

Latest posts