Dove poppers

JohnnyBond

Dove breast should be fileted
Put one piece breast filet, pineapple chunk or mandrain orange slice, japelanio slice in a toothpick

Wrap in half a piece bacon
marinate in Zesty Italian dressing 3 days min for me

I will let you know how they turn out on Saturday night ;)

64 poppers for the Vols vs Bama beat down :whistle:

Doves09.jpg

1020101730.jpg

DovePoppers.jpg

jb3

I like dove meat. With everything on it, you could probably sub duck meat and you wouldn't notice. I'll probably try it sometime, but seems to take away from the dove. I'd also like to sub in shrimp and try that as well.

JCDEERMAN

JB - I have been making these for several years. One thing I hate having to do is flip every single one of those dang toothpicks. I have started using Kabob sticks. They work MUCH better!

Also, I use banana peppers alot of the times. We usually make these at camp and they are little "easier on the stomach" the next morning while your hunting ;) :D

jb3 - Yea, you can use any kind of meat really. The best that I have found is elk. We make elk poppers all the time.

JohnnyBond

JCDEERMAN said:
JB - I have been making these for several years. One thing I hate having to do is flip every single one of those dang toothpicks. I have started using Kabob sticks. They work MUCH better!

Also, I use banana peppers alot of the times. We usually make these at camp and they are little "easier on the stomach" the next morning while your hunting ;) :D

jb3 - Yea, you can use any kind of meat really. The best that I have found is elk. We make elk poppers all the time.

How many do you put on the K bob

We did that once but I think we put to many on one stick

JCDEERMAN

JohnnyBond said:
JCDEERMAN said:

How many do you put on the K bob

We did that once but I think we put to many on one stick

It all depends on how long the kabob is. The main thing I try to do is to leave the ends to where you can still grab em and turn em. But yea, just put em on there and space em out a little bit. They main thing is, you dont want them to do is be all scrunched together real tight. I have them where they are just barely touching. It makes it MUCH easier and MUCH faster.

Good Luck!

Latest posts