Does livescope make a difference?

bluball

I'm amazed at how many spook when you are trolling. Trolling has long been one of the easiest ways to find and catch fish for me. After seeing how many fish spook from the boat and trolling motor, I don't see how we catch any at all trolling.

Also amazed at how fast the "wolf pack" schools of fish can swim. Particularly the white and yellow bass...those are really the only ones I have observed but watching them work a school of shad under the surface is pretty crazy. They can be here one minute and 500 yards away the next.
One summer we caught them on arkubutla in miss pulling cranks.I was trolling with the big motor with 15-20ft of line out catching fish,this was before livescope.Sometimes they spook and other times they dont,weird.Arkabutla is like a mud hole that may have help some,🤣🤣🤣

WTM

One summer we caught them on arkubutla in miss pulling cranks.I was trolling with the big motor with 15-20ft of line out catching fish,this was before livescope.Sometimes they spook and other times they dont,weird.Arkabutla is like a mud hole that may have help some,🤣🤣🤣
thats when ill usually catch them on the outside poles when pulling jigs. if they hongry.

fairchaser

This is only anecdotal but we were talking to a guy on the lake Sunday who was using livescan. He was single poling and we were spider rigging. The fish weren't biting much. But we had more fish than he did. He kept saying he put it right on their nose but they wouldn't bite. You can cover more area spider rigging than you can with a single pole. I believe though there are certain situations where livescan can out do spider rigging. IMO that's what limits are for.

BuckWild

Three of my friends were at Sardis last week. They limited out their 40 fish per boat every day for the three days they fished. Had 6 to 8 fish over 2.5 lbs every day. They were tight lining with single poles using jigs. Livescope was in use. They were fishing Clear Creek, Piney Point and the timber out in front of Holiday Lodge. caught most of their fish in 6 to 8 foot of water.

jwb

My opinion is it's just another tool in the arsenal. I have installed a ultrex and panoptix on my boat this year and would highly recommend them both. They both can definitely can give you a advantage at times but calling it cheating and turning your nose up at somebody with them is stubborn. Bunch of haters out there. I like using the perspective mode for seeing brush piles and rock veins that you wouldnt normally know where out there and using the forward view to give me a general idea of depth I need to be targeting. It's harder than you think to "video game them" with a 20 degree beam. One thing for sure is panoptix will blow you away on how many fish are actually out there. Buy ya one if you want one, ignore the haters.

Big Gun

My son and I went on a guided crappie trip Saturday 3/26 on Greers Ferry lake. Our guide does not have Live Scope but was talking about it and showed us the guys using it. It was odd to me to see guys fishing, staring down at a screen instead of looking at their line or water. We didn't see hardly anyone catching fish with them either. We only put 10 fish in the boat so it wasn't a great day anyway, the area got 3 inches of water Wednesday and the lake rose 2 ft this week.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My son and I went on a guided crappie trip Saturday 3/26 on Greers Ferry lake. Our guide does not have Live Scope but was talking about it and showed us the guys using it. It was odd to me to see guys fishing, staring down at a screen instead of looking at their line or water. We didn't see hardly anyone catching fish with them either. We only put 10 fish in the boat so it wasn't a great day anyway, the area got 3 inches of water Wednesday and the lake rose 2 ft this week.
It is amazing but it won't make them bite!

fairchaser

If livescope changes how you fish rather than where you fish, it's a game changer. I'm not saying it's unfair or cheating but you can sell all your trolling poles and do away with minnows. All you need is one pole to tight line a jig where you keep bumping her nose until she bites. Great fisherman of old, could imagine where the fish was, how deep and which way he was facing. Now, just look down at your screen. It wouldn't surprise me if they changed the limits or restricted the use.

MickThompson

I guess the question is this- when is enough technology enough? We keep inventing better ways to catch more fish faster than the fish adapt. Better rods, line, reels, lures, and now electronics so there's nowhere a fish can hide.

Latest posts