Food Plots Different plot

BigAl

Not really a food plot for deer. I took part of my backyard plot and converted it to a wildflower for hummingbirds and butterflys. My plan is that once it dies down is to mow then till all the biomass into my soil and plant clover in the fall.
Will have
20230630_090041.jpg
to see how things turn out.

DoubleRidge

Not really a food plot for deer. I took part of my backyard plot and converted it to a wildflower for hummingbirds and butterflys. My plan is that once it dies down is to mow then till all the biomass into my soil and plant clover in the fall.
Will haveView attachment 186385 to see how things turn out.
That looks great!! I have an area I'd like to do this....please share you seed blend....or did you buy individual seed packets?....what did you do to prep the ground before sowing? In addition to the hummingbird and butterflies I bet the bees are loving it as well!!..win-win.

BSK

We did the same thing with a small 0.1-acre food plot next to our cabin. We used a wildflower mix sold by the Hogan Company in Springfield. They recommended several rounds of ground-turning and glysophate applications before planting.

megalomaniac

Looks great, and I bet there are some plants in that blend the deer will love to eat... plus no overgrowth of hard to kill weeds before you plant this fall as well as living roots aerating the soil

BigAl

That looks great!! I have an area I'd like to do this....please share you seed blend....or did you buy individual seed packets?....what did you do to prep the ground before sowing? In addition to the hummingbird and butterflies I bet the bees are loving it as well!!..win-win.
I bouight these on a whim at Tractor Supply. They were the larger backs (10 bucks each or so) and I bought a few different varities.
Mowed, sprayed round up, Till'd the soil, broadcast, and used tractor tires as cultipacker.
Lots of weed in there that I can never seem to keep out of any of my plots. And its been a sucess for its intended use.

DoubleRidge

I bouight these on a whim at Tractor Supply. They were the larger backs (10 bucks each or so) and I bought a few different varities.
Mowed, sprayed round up, Till'd the soil, broadcast, and used tractor tires as cultipacker.
Lots of weed in there that I can never seem to keep out of any of my plots. And its been a sucess for its intended use.
Looks great!

Latest posts