Did the late spring drought do much harm?

Radar

These bucks are making a little progress .

8pt.jpg

clubrackbuck6-28-07.jpg

9pt.jpg

2nicebucks6-28-07.jpg

shortbrow8pt.jpg

tallbrowtinebuck.jpg
[/quote]

Radar

Young ones ? Body weights aren't that heavy in the area I hunt. You might be surprised , but the club rack buck in the picture I have seen the past two deer seasons with an identical rack . He grows a spike on the left and 4 up on the right every year . I passed him up last year after taking the 10 pt.
I might go ahead and take him this year . Looks like he might have a brow tine on the left side this year too . Maybe he will grow some tines on top on the left side .

nicemassonclubrackbuck.jpg

Chris Tripp

Radar said:
Young ones ? Body weights aren't that heavy in the area I hunt. You might be surprised , but the club rack buck in the picture I have seen the past two deer seasons with an identical rack . He grows a spike on the left and 4 up on the right every year . I passed him up last year after taking the 10 pt.
I might go ahead and take him this year . Looks like he might have a brow tine on the left side this year too . Maybe he will grow some tines on top on the left side .

nicemassonclubrackbuck.jpg

his legs still look a little long, if I had to guess, 3.5 y/o

BSK

156p&y,

And that's why I tell landowners that have set up an 80 or 100 acre sanctuary in the middle of their property that they will certainly grow some old bucks in that sanctuary, but odds are they will never see or kill those bucks. They can live full-time during daylight in a sanctuary that big.

From my experiences, 20 acre blocks of cover is the maximum useful size. I would prefer to see them 3 to 10 acres each.