Late drop apples

squackattack

Search wildlife group and century farm heirloom apples. They are companies that specialize in apples. There is a huge selection of apples.

DoubleRidge

OK,I have a place in the middle of my farm where I want to plant only soft mast in quantity,like maybe 25 trees.Im gonna run a food plot in the center and a double row of trees around that.Just an expiriment.

Sounds awesome! Keep us posted on the project! We started a similar project a few years back with a new plot towards the center of our property and have planted three Dunstan Chestnut trees down one side and have some sawtooth growing in buckets we plan to add as well....we have several wild persimmon trees in various locations on the property but I'd love to add some apple trees in the future...good luck with your project.

Tn_Va_Hunter

Pink lady apple trees as well. I've planted pink lady, Arkansas black, Granny Smith, red and yellow delicious and a couple more. I have 4 crabapple trees, 2 pear, 2 peach, 25 sawtooth and about 30 dunstan chestnuts and a couple other.

All in all I have about 60-75 trees planted and several in pots at home.

Swampster

OK,I have a place in the middle of my farm where I want to plant only soft mast in quantity,like maybe 25 trees.Im gonna run a food plot in the center and a double row of trees around that.Just an expiriment.
If you are going to plant that many, you might as well pick out a couple that you like to eat. If you don't baby them and spray I know they are not pretty, but can still taste good.

mbader5

I would try emailing Terry at Whitetail Crabs - [email protected]. We purchased some of his trees in the past that were intended to hold very late (as in December but in colder climates). I moved before I could see the results. Might be worth reaching out.

Latest posts