Did a whoopsy......

Robtattoo

download.jpeg

20220720_110312.jpg

20220720_110325.jpg

20220720_110300.jpg

20220720_110536.jpg

Dip$hit me got a terminal case of the dumbs on Wednesday.

MARK YOUR MAGS PEOPLE!
ONLY 1 CALIBER ON THE BENCH AT A TIME!

Luckily, the only thing that was destroyed was my rifle, not me. Overpressure exited through the mag & shot the baseplate a quarter inch into the bench. A half second of inattention was all it took.

Don't be me.
Pay attention.

backyardtndeer

Glad you are OK. I am pretty careful with precautions to avoid this. I use dedicated mags, that I painted for 6.5cm to keep them separate, easily identifiable, from my 308 mags. Only have 5 or 6 6arc mags. I may end buying more ammo cans to label and keep mags in, in case something were to happen to me.

fairchaser

Wow, that could have been much more disastrous. We forget sometimes we are handling explosives and take things for granted. Glad your ok except for your ego. I bet that won't happen again.

LY

This is why I use and recommend to my friends ejection port covers with that particular uppers caliber on both sides of it.

I've only got 3 different calibers of uppers and none of them are .556 so I'm kind of an oddball here. But as I mention to friends who say that they are careful. It's not that it's really yourself you need to worry about. I'd worry more about others being around in a group and a table full of rifles and someone grabbing a mag and rifle just assuming that everything is always .556.

tug

View attachment 143224
View attachment 143226
View attachment 143225
View attachment 143227
View attachment 143228

Dip$hit me got a terminal case of the dumbs on Wednesday.

MARK YOUR MAGS PEOPLE!
ONLY 1 CALIBER ON THE BENCH AT A TIME!

Luckily, the only thing that was destroyed was my rifle, not me. Overpressure exited through the mag & shot the baseplate a quarter inch into the bench. A half second of inattention was all it took.

Don't be me.
Pay attention.
Thank you for sharing this. It shows you are a good dude.

41Magnum

Glad you weren't injured! I had one this week as well, In 40 years of reloading I have never had a case head separation. The Encore handled it fine I was taken aback when I opened the action and the case head fell out in my hand! The rest of my case almost fell out to. 140 grain Hornady Monoflex over 45gr. Of IMR4320, CCI Standard primer Nosler once fired brass. Half a grain below starting load. From the Lee manual, it was for a 140 grain Barnes bullet. I guess that's what I get for assuming. All is good.

Latest posts