Destin fishing

Jon54

It's gotten very expensive. I used to have a Condo there and fished numerous times with Capt Brant Kelly. Good skipper and he's a life long resident. I think his current boat is called Relentless. Again it's very pricey to go offshore these days.

I now take an 8 day long range trip out of San Diego. For offshore fishing, NOTHING compares. It costs about $450/day and it's like fishing off a cruise ship. They feed you 5 meals a day and the fishing can't be matched anywhere. Ck out www.excelsportfishing.com

Buccaneer

TNCharlie - We were out around 6 hours I guess and it was $600 plus tip. I wish I could have been there in July he said they had great tarpon runs just off the beach along the first sand bar and they were sight casting to them. From the research I did it seemed that most inshore/near shore charters were in the $100/hour price range.

TNCharlie

Thanks, Buccaneer. That's slightly higher than I paid last year to fish for red fish and trout in LA. That sort of figures for Destin.

I'll be in Destin later this year. Maybe I'll give them a call and see if I can join a group that can use another head to split the expenses.

Latest posts