Depressing

cruff10

We went out this weekend and did hear anything both Saturday, and Sunday.

I think last year was the best hatch we've had. Should see alot of jakes killed this year!!!

splitter

i remember seeing more poults survive thru late summer last year than i ever had saw before. this was in fentress county but i don't know if this was just an isolated case or what but i have high hopes of seeing alot of jakes this year and some pretty nice toms

PickettSFHunter

splitter said:
i remember seeing more poults survive thru late summer last year than i ever had saw before. this was in fentress county but i don't know if this was just an isolated case or what but i have high hopes of seeing alot of jakes this year and some pretty nice toms

Yep I think we will have alot of jakes, we will see if they represent a larger than normal percentage of the harvest.

A

Anonymous

I'm right there with you Muddy. Last year we had one gobbling bird on almost 2000 acres. I can remember just a few years ago 10-15 wouldn't be unusual. We left this bird alone last year - he could have died a hundred times. Started hunting other places and other states. I saw several longbeards during deer season and have several trail cam pics with several gobblers in them. Keeping my fingers crossed for a hard gobbling year.
Picked up 500 acres in Decatur Co. 2 weeks ago thanks to a mess of sauger - I hope it has as many bird as the farmer says. I also leased some turkey rights in Carroll Co. You can never have too many places!!

Latest posts