Dehydrator

TX300mag

Depending on your budget-as a start I like the Nesco-American Harvest.

I have an old Excalibur I just started using and am very happy. I think I definitely prefer the square shape over round.

TNReb

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but does a dehydrator work much better than the oven?

BamaProud

I just a cheep Sunbeam from Walmart a couple years ago and like it. I make Jerky, dehydrate peppers to crush for spices, Orange and Lemon Peel to add to various beers. It cleans up easy...much easier than an oven. And it doesn't heat the house up.

catman529

Nesco with Add-a-tray extra trays, I have 9 trays right now, did one batch yesterday and going to do another one today. Mine has a thermostat which is great to have. I just set it at 160 and let it dry for 6-7 hours. Slice the raw meat 4mm thick and marinate and I like to fill the trays so there are almost no gaps between slices.

redblood

TX300mag":30ui9p5f said:
Depending on your budget-as a start I like the Nesco-American Harvest.

I have an old Excalibur I just started using and am very happy. I think I definitely prefer the square shape over round.

i just ordered a new american harvest as a backup from amazon today. black friday special for prime members. 26.00 and free 2 day shipping

DaveB

I have the round Open Country el cheapo from BPS.

No complaints no problems. Soon as I have a few more deer in the freezer we will fire the grinder and dehydrator up and the Cordova jerky Factory will open for Business. First year we got it we ran most of 3 deer through the two in non-stop jerky production.

Latest posts