Dehydrator-Size/brand suggestions for a newbie??

huntress1082

We are wanting to purchase a dehydrator to make venison jerky. Which ones do you guys use? Tell me what you like and don't like about yours. please include brand and size to help me. Looks like they range from $49-$300 and I just don't know enough about them to choose one. In fact I have never used one, but a guy on our lease made some jerky that was UNBELIEVABLE and I have to try it now. THANKS!!!!

TNLynn

I have a $50 unit from walmart(american harvester I think) that does a great job. Just make sure the motor is on top. A friend of mine has a $300 Square model with about 15 trays that works great. Mine works just as well, but only holds about 1/3 the jerky that the larger square model does.

FULLDRAWXX75

I have been using an American Harvester (round w/4 stackable trays) it can be expanded to like 12 trays I think.

I have used it for nearly 20 yrs now and it works really well, it was less than $50 back then. It is a great size and model for the casual jerky maker, if you are looking to do several batches a month, I would suggest going with the square box style(more commercial) unit. I think they work better/faster as well.
If/when mine craps out, I am going with the square style next trip around.

FDXX75

Latest posts