Deer hunting gear

14deerhunter

Just wondering if anyone has anything new they are getting or already got to try for 2019 deer season. I've got a climbing stand going to use for the first time I've always used ladder stands or hang ons so I guess that's the first new thing. A lot of deer gear hasn't really came out yet just curious if anyone is trying anything new hunting clothes, guns,calls etc.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

swd

Just got a set of Hawk Helium climbing sticks and a Tethrd Mantis Saddle. First time with sticks and a saddle. Of course, it all showed up this week. I am covered up with work and home projects and can't get into the trees to test it all out for another few days.

14deerhunter

swd":2fg4fkjh said:
Just got a set of Hawk Helium climbing sticks and a Tethrd Mantis Saddle. First time with sticks and a saddle. Of course, it all showed up this week. I am covered up with work and home projects and can't get into the trees to test it all out for another few days.
I hear ya I've been wanting to use the climbing stand but I ain't got to practice with it and between me and my dad we got a lot of hang on stands we hang hopefully I find a spot to try it out

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

infoman jr.

I got a retractable gear tether I'm looking forward to using. It seemed like I spent a lot of time at the base of my tree untangling 550 cord last fall.

TNTreeman

infoman jr.":3rxzv3cz said:
I got a retractable gear tether I'm looking forward to using. It seemed like I spent a lot of time at the base of my tree untangling 550 cord last fall.
I thought I was the only one that did that. Mine even finds a way to get into knots .

catsbackr

I'm going to try out some Kuiu hunting clothing this year. The reviews are good, it's the most I've ever paid for hunting clothes though. We'll see.

JCDEERMAN

TNTreeman":1ae1sgib said:
infoman jr.":1ae1sgib said:
I thought I was the only one that did that. Mine even finds a way to get into knots .

HA same...I bet I have 50 knots in each of mine. I may look into a tether

BDS05

swd":2y20t2bk said:
Thoughts on it if you've tried?
I believe I'm about to take that exact plunge...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tndave59

JCDEERMAN":2h4j640v said:
TNTreeman":2h4j640v said:
infoman jr.":2h4j640v said:

HA same...I bet I have 50 knots in each of mine. I may look into a tether

Ditto! Looks like this is the gadget to have.

Matador

No not really any new gadgets. Back in late March we built another shooting house and built a 8 foot platform on the power line. I've reloaded a little for 30-40 krag (encore barrel) and a 35 Whalen (also encore). Put one motion cam out about 2 months ago. Mostly killing time and staying cool. It is about time to start getting serious about the upcoming season.

swd

BDS05":2t50vl8q said:
Thoughts on it if you've tried?
I believe I'm about to take that exact plunge...

So far, I am very pleased with the setup. I still don't feel like I have spent enough time with it all, but the sticks are great and very solid. The saddle is very comfortable and feels secure. I did end up getting some knee pads to compliment everything. I would recommend it so far.

Still need to shoot more out if it...

Latest posts