Deer hauler

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Mostly finished my latest re-purposing project yesterday. My neighbor pushed this JD dump cart out to the road. The tub portion was broken loose and tires were shot. I pondered it a moment and decided I had everything I needed to turn it into a flat bed dump cart for towing behind my mower or atv with enough ground clearance for rough terrain. Will be perfect for hauling bags of mulch or deer corn.

I mainly wanted something lower that I could drag deer onto, I have trouble loading deer onto my atv's racks due to atv height and shoulder injuries. If needed I can attached a snatch block and use a rope to pull a carcass up onto the bed.

The bed is part of a metal stair railing, the wheels are never flat that a buddy gave me when he was moving. The front rail is an old atv brush guard. Total cost so far is $10 for the replacement bearings. The shaft ID of the original bearings was 1/2, the trailer axle is 3/4. If the run flats don't work out, wheel barrow tires/wheels will also work on it.

Still need to add a couple of D-rings and paint it. Have to pick up the D-rings, but my total cost is still going to be under $20.

I tested drove it yesterday without a load, pulls great.

Attachments

• deer_cart2.jpg
    deer_cart2.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 76
  • deer_cart1.jpg
    deer_cart1.jpg
    570.4 KB · Views: 77
  • deer_cart4.jpg
    deer_cart4.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 78
  • deer_cart3.jpg
    deer_cart3.jpg