Drinking coffee while Deer hunting

Omega

I've been drinking coffee out of a cheap insulated cup for 7 years now. and I also run a propane heater. I hunt in an elevated blind, with acrylic sliding windows, but it's hardly smell proof. I always harvest deer, though admittedly I've only shot one decent buck. Since I am in and around rural houses and farmhouses it's probably that they are used to the smell. So I think the area has more to do with it than the smell.

FTG-05

Omega":xm4947ee said:
I've been drinking coffee out of a cheap insulated cup for 7 years now. and I also run a propane heater. I hunt in an elevated blind, with acrylic sliding windows, but it's hardly smell proof. I always harvest deer, though admittedly I've only shot one decent buck. Since I am in and around rural houses and farmhouses it's probably that they are used to the smell. So I think the area has more to do with it than the smell.

Same here except I use a good old Stanley Classic thermos and a yeti 30 oz. cup. The propane is running whenever it's cold. See plenty of deer.

swd

I don't drink anything but water in the stand, but it has nothing to do with scent. I just don't want to haul something else with me...

The exception would be when hunting out of a shooting house. Then I get comfy!

bloodtrailing

If the wind is blowing where they can smell your coffee they also smell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monjorrow

I've been using one of these for years. Keeps the coffee nice and warm so I can sip it as I get chilly, and it has a button you can use to seal/drink one handed.

61ChdRqt6AL._SL1000_.jpg

Rakkin6

I don't drink coffee at all have never cared for the taste just a water and and or beer guy ( no beer before or during a hunt lol). But I would think a regular metal Stanley thermos would be fine. I do know that yetis keep stuff cold and or hot a long time but are expensive. Maybe a yeti would have a tighter seal when closed but not sure if it is worth the extra money. During all day hunts I eat in the stand, usually peanut butter sandwiches, apple slices, protein bars and trail mix. Haven't noticed anything negative. I think you may have more problems with the coffee breath afterwards them the coffee itself. Take some dentyne gum and drink away.

FTG-05

If I want to, I can make coffee while hunting. 12 cup perk coffee maker from Cabelas in my lower field shooting house with all the fixin's:

N0Q94CP.jpg

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I just use a Stanley thermos.
Had to set my cup down on my ladderstand to shoot one of my biggest bucks at 30 yards one morning. :D

Latest posts