Deer Hunting Ames Plantation

BigAl

Thank for the reply Andy. I guess my first question was misunderstood. I was saying that I was curious if someone would kill a shooter during the extended season, since the pics from Ames seem to indicate the majority of the bucks killed at Ames are taken during the peak of the rut. I guess we'll have to wait and see and hope the pics website gets updated after the season.

Andy S.

BigAl":2e2iv6gq said:
I was saying that I was curious if someone would kill a shooter during the extended season.......
Possibly. There have been a few seen.

BigAl":2e2iv6gq said:
.......since the pics from Ames seem to indicate the majority of the bucks killed at Ames are taken during the peak of the rut.
More deer on their feet in daylight and definitely more hunters in the woods during that span.

fairchaser

Hunting this late post rut is unprecedented at Ames. So, it's going to be interesting to see what happens. The hunting pressure is down but the rut is over except for the occasional young doe. Deer are back on a feeding pattern. There are fewer deer and fewer big bucks. They are back into groups of bucks and does. It's usually takes a special situation for a mature buck to step out in the daylight. I doubt we are gonna kill many mature bucks but there's always that possibility. We never get them all. It's been a long season starting in August to end of January, almost half a year. Everyone is getting tired including the deer.

Latest posts