Deer cover scent, Nose Jammer.

ADR

cbhunter":3k3clti9 said:
So I assume ya'll are buying the aerosol can stuff and applying it directly to your clothes? I have NEVER been a believer in cover scent sprays but ya'll have me wondering about this stuff

I will put it on my boot soles but do not put it on my clothing. Only the tree or the vegetation around where I'm hunting. I'm not into fad stuff but believe it has an effect.

Tn_Va_Hunter

So I bought some. Last 2 days I've used it. It seems to put the deer more on alert constantly smelling the air as looking in my neck of the woods with 2 does actually running away. Maybe less is more ?? I'll try it again. If it has the same effect I'm done with it.

Remington742

Tn_Va_Hunter":3kszap9k said:
So I bought some. Last 2 days I've used it. It seems to put the deer more on alert constantly smelling the air as looking in my neck of the woods with 2 does actually running away. Maybe less is more ?? I'll try it again. If it has the same effect I'm done with it.
That my experience as well.

THEdonkey0515

First year I've used the stuff..

Tuesday eve I got to put it though a good test. I sprayed it all around the limbs around my tree stand. And on my boots walking in.

I had a doe come out, I made up my mind I would let her walk,even though I was on public land in east TN I would have been very happy with her. Still weekday afternoon having to work early in morning I made up my mind she was gonna make in to muzzy atleast.

So she walks past my tree at 10 yards, turns around walks back past me at 10 yards. A few minutes later 4 of her doe friends show up....they walk around all sides of me got so close i could have spit on atleast two of them smelling the limbs I had sprayed never smelled me at all.

Also I had worked that day rushed home used 0 scent killer, threw on some camo, and probaby smelled a little lol

Winchester

I too have had some hunts, even some this yr, where I had deer all around me and even directly down wind that never smelled me! Had them bed under me, smell my steps on the tree, follow my trail, etc, never spooked. I dont use anything other than scent reduction products however.
All that said I have been smelled from 150 yards away, had deer bump my trail and turn inside out immediately, etc. Every situation is different, if they get a nose full of human scent your screwed, period! No such thing as a cover scent when deer can discern multiple odors at once!

MUP

I'm glad it's working for some folks, but I'll stick to trying to be as scentless as possible, and quiet as well, ie no rattling or grunt calls, at least for the first 2-4 hrs of each hunt. I've just been more successful that way where I hunt. ;)

Latest posts