Deal on Ground Blind

HOOK

I just set mine up...Good blind!
$70.00 @ Sportsmans Guide

Groundblind.jpg

4onaside

I bought an Ameristep Outhouse pop-up before turkey season from WalMart for a short $50, and I love it! I killed a turkey out of it this season, so it has paid off. However, and I've always heard that deer are antsy about blinds, IMO and from my experience this spring that's a fact. The turkeys don't even seem to notice it in plain view, but the deer get very nervous. I've heard that you really need to camoflauge them when you are deer hunting, like stick them back in cover and add natural foliage, limbs, etc.

Gravey

4onaside...You are correct about the deer being nervous and the turkeys paying no attention to them. It's best during deer season if you can leave it up and brush it in so they get used to it. I normally use mine only for turkeys but did set it up once after Christmas to take my then 3-year old son hunting with me. And we did kill a doe out of it too that day.

LadyMarlin

R.I.P.
I took an eight point next to last day of the season out of my ground blind. He did see it, as it sat atop a ridge in the open woodslot. But he just made a detour, or so he thought around. Actually he gave me a great broad side shot by doing this. I had mine camoed with twigs, long dry grass and pieces of rotten log. It really looked great and natural sitting there. I never saw the first turkey out of it tho.

turkey season this spring....I shot two turkeys out of it. The turkeys were wary of it when they got close and I had it tucked back in brush. BUT a deer came out in the field I was beside and she bolted before she got close. The turkeys just stretched those necks and eased around it.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
camoman270 said:
looks great!....man these things are superb when there is a misting rain also!!!
One of my summer time getting ready to hunt chores is to spray mine with scentless waterpruffing. After its dried I hose it off spray it with scent killer and pack it in cedar.
I use 2 one as a portable blind for different spots. The other is for watching a field. It gets set up early and stays up all season. Just like a deer stand they know when something new is around but get used to it after awhile.

HOOK

I have not tested the shoot through netting yet but will before season. There is NO problem shooting a bow out of this blind though, and there is room for two.

Latest posts