Ground blind

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
What's the best ground blind for the money. I'm looking for one to take my 5 year old and hunt out of it. I have bog death grip tripod that will be used

skipperbrown

I have a Rhino blind 3 person see through blind I use for bowhunting. You just shoot the arrow through it. No way 3 can get in it but it's roomy for a dad and kid. The nice thing about it is you can see out of it 180 degrees floor to ceiling in good light so your kid could sit low or on the ground and still see what's going on. The bad news is it's bulky and and somewhat heavy. You don't want to pack it in. In low light, it's like looking through a dense screen which is the only downside for me (unless you open the window). It's amazing how you can see out but not in. You can't shoot a gun through it, but the panels slide down for that.

UCStandSitter

I have a Rhino blind 3 person see through blind I use for bowhunting. You just shoot the arrow through it. No way 3 can get in it but it's roomy for a dad and kid. The nice thing about it is you can see out of it 180 degrees floor to ceiling in good light so your kid could sit low or on the ground and still see what's going on. The bad news is it's bulky and and somewhat heavy. You don't want to pack it in. In low light, it's like looking through a dense screen which is the only downside for me (unless you open the window). It's amazing how you can see out but not in. You can't shoot a gun through it, but the panels slide down for that.
+1 for the Rhino 180. Bought one last spring for turkey. Luxurious compared to my old Ameristep and I was fine in the Ameristep before a tree fell on it. That Rhino is the difference between a Honda and an Acura though.

Rancocas

Why not teach the boy the old traditional method of simply piling up some logs and brush to sit behind. Build it around a large tree that you can then lean back against and it will break up the outline of your head and shoulders. Won't cost anything except maybe some muscle ache and sweat. Such a blind has worked well for thousands of years.
Hunting has gotten too darn commercial!

LY

Know you our budget, look around and get the biggest one size wise you can afford. They all have things you'll like and dislike, not one will be perfect for every situation, but with a kid who'll grow you will want plenty of room.

You'll need the room for a small heater, sleeping bag, iPad, etc for them to be comfortable and entertained to want to go back for another hunt.

I like bipods for my daughter, 2-3 in a tent will take up less room than a death grip and can be prepositioned or easily moved. If it'll be easy to get and left awhile put in some outdoor carpet. I also recommend some clear gorilla tape to tape up any roof seams. That'll stop any leaks during rain storms.

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
Why not teach the boy the old traditional method of simply piling up some logs and brush to sit behind. Build it around a large tree that you can then lean back against and it will break up the outline of your head and shoulders. Won't cost anything except maybe some muscle ache and sweat. Such a blind has worked well for thousands of years.
That's what we have been doing. I'm just trying to help with keeping him some what concealed. Another reason is to keep him warm in next weeks to come. Mainly keeping wind off him. He is pretty advanced for his age in most aspects. He also has a 2 year old brother that wants to go so I need to cover them up lol

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
Where are you located? I have a small Ameristep blind in a box that needs a home.
I appreciate the offer. I ordered him one the other day from midway that was on sale. Ameristep Magnum care taker.

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
Kirkland, look on ebay, I bought an ameirstep hub blind for under a $100. Should be shipped in about a week
I ordered Ameristep Magnum Care Taker from Midway. I enjoy taking him but he is hard to conceal right now lol

RobDooley

moreover, lots of blow downs in the woods

Latest posts