CVA Accura V2 And MR Compared - Questions

EJ1

I've got it down to these two muzzleloaders. Will the 2" of barrel length make that much if any difference in accuracy? My shots here will be at the max of 200 yards and that is very unlikely. Is the standard stainless finish better than the Nitride coating? Is the coating worth the extra money?

GMB54

IMO 2" of barrel is meaningless in choosing a ML. Shorter barrels can be just as accurate. Velocity loss is very minimal.

Nitride is not a coating. Its a process that physically alters the outter layer of the steel. Glock and other companies have used it for awhile now. Nitride aka Ferritic Nitrocarburizing is extremely durable.

Only the barrel is nitride on the CVA. The rest is just a coating so it can flake or wear on the receiver.

http://www.blacknitride.com/whatis.html

BLACKNITRIDE™, or Ferritic Nitrocarburizing, is the thermochemical that simultaneously diffuses nitrogen and carbon into the surface of ferrous metals

Metal components treated with BLACKNITRIDE™ have increased wear-resistance, fatigue strength, corrosion resistance, lubricity and cosmetic appeal

BAMA BOW MERKER

Just bought the V-2 with the nitride coating in October. Used all this year with no
complaints. No rust anywhere and did not have to clean it after I sighted it in. Got rained on twice, and I inspected it very well after the season. There was ZERO rust. Whether you get the V-2 or the MR, make sure you get the nitride.

EJ1

I bought the MR with the Nitride barrel. I like the ergonomics of the stock better on the MR as compared to the standard version. Mounted a Nikon Inline scope and will get it sighted in after season. Bought a pack of Barnes 250 grain TEZ's and I have Harverster Scorpion PT Golds in 260 grain to try also.