Cva accura v2 question.

PSE Shooter18

I have a v2 and was wondering if any of you guys shoot the 150gr load of pellets. Curious if they perform better than 100gr load. Thanks in advance

GMB54

2 or 3 pellets is a crap shoot. The only other easy option to try is the Triple7 Mag pellets. The 30gr pellets are much less common now days. So if your rifle dont like 1 of the 3 powder amounts then what?....You are SOL.

Do yourself a huge favor and just get loose Triple7, a spout for the bottle and a volumetric powder measure. Its sure aint hard to use. I find it no harder to poor loose powder from a tube than pouring pellets out of a tube. You sure as hell need to carry them in something while hunting. So unless you are laying down while loading i just dont see pellets as being any easier once you are in the field. Plus you will save lots of $$$ vs pellets. You need less than 90gr of loose Triple7 to equal 2 pellets in velocity and loose cost less per shot.

Wolverine72

80 grains of blackhorn for me. Yes it's all its cracked up to be. I'll never go back to pellets. So much cleaner and 100x easier to load 1st - 10 or 20 loads. No difference. I love it.
Pellets are a little less work on the front end, but cleanup and reloading after shooting sucks.

GMB54

Blackhorn needs a regular and in some cases a MAG 209 primer plus the Blackhorn209 breech plug. Reduced power ML 209 primers wont work well. In the CVA you are best off with a Fed209A since they are longer than the CCI209M. You got a better chance they seal up.

You also need to keep the flash channel clear every so often but besides that its great. You can shoot all day and never have to swab in the vast majority of rifles/loads.

Lehigh Defense also makes a BH209 plug for CVAs if you want to order a better plug. They ship fast too. It should work with any full strength 209 primer.

TRIGGER

Another BH believer. I have the same ML. I started off with 90 grains of BH (by weight) but my gun did not like it. I dropped it to the bottom end of the scale and ran 70 grains and it shot great. 250 grain barns expander bullets. I never adjusted after that.

Gmed

Will never use anything but Blackhorn again…..unless I can't find it or they price me out of it….use 70 grain by weight (100 grains volume) and 250 SST in a Harvester Crush Rib sabot.

DeerMan66

I've had my Acurra V2 since 2014. I shoot 3 of the 50 grain the IMR White Hot pellets. They are easy to load and shoot much cleaner than any of the black pellets. The barrel is much easier to clean and the accuracy is spot on. Try them. You will love them.

Latest posts