CVA Accura LR-X or MR-X

SuperJ

Thinking about a CVA Accura LR-X or MR-X soon. Thoughts on the guns or others. I want something to get out to 200yards easily.

GMB54

I want something to get out to 200yards easily
Many MLs can do 200 accurately but the better question is......Does that load/bullet/ect still perform as designed when it gets there. The bullet might be flawless when fps is high enough at 150 but fails to expand at 200.

As to the MRX/LRX, well its pretty much a BH209 only rifle unless you want to carry another ramrod with you. The included collapsible ramrod is for LOADING ONLY. You can achieve virtually the same thing with a Optima V2 or V2 LR for half the cost and it weighs less too.

SuperJ

I have an Optima V1 and just found out that it won't handle BH209. bummed about that. I only like the Accura better because of the nitride.
Wish there was a breach plug or mod for version 1. I suppose it's best if it's not designed to handle BH209.

GMB54

Wish there was a breach plug or mod for version 1
There is but you cant post in the for sale section without having enough posts.

I only like the Accura better because of the nitride.
Pretty sure the Optima V2 is also available in nitride.

And nitride with cerakote.

backyardtndeer

Have an accura v2 that I bought in 2012. I use triple 7 and have killed deer and critters with it out to just about 200 yards. The gun is very accurate, I wouldn't be afraid to move out a little farther if I had longer shooting situations on my property.

SuperJ

There is but you cant post in the for sale section without having enough posts.
Is this guy a reliable seller?

backyardtndeer

Dum question is the barrels the same on the optima V1 and V2 as compared to accura MR?
Not sure about the optima, but the barrel lengths are not the same for the accura and the accura mr. Think my standard accura has a 28 inch barrel, I know the Mr I bought for my wife has a shorter barrel. Both are bergara barrels and are very accurate. I believe the optima also have bergara barrels, but not sure they are the same.

GMB54

All CVA barrels are made at the same plant in Bergara Spain. CVA flaunts the "Bergara" name on the upper end models with the claim of 5 more steps in production. None of those extra steps mention air gauging so all that "extra" honing and polishing a meaningless....If they were the 45cals they sell would not be so far out of typical 45cal ML spec.

Standard Accura was 27"
Accura MR was 24"
MRX is 26" and LRX is 30"
Optima V2 is 26" and the LR version is 28"

In the real world you wont see squat for difference in fps with barrels longer than 26". The difference is tiny. Like 18fps per inch after 26".

SuperJ

All CVA barrels are made at the same plant in Bergara Spain. CVA flaunts the "Bergara" name on the upper end models with the claim of 5 more steps in production. None of those extra steps mention air gauging so all that "extra" honing and polishing a meaningless....If they were the 45cals they sell would not be so far out of typical 45cal ML spec.

Standard Accura was 27"
Accura MR was 24"
MRX is 26" and LRX is 30"
Optima V2 is 26" and the LR version is 28"

In the real world you wont see squat for difference in fps with barrels longer than 26". The difference is tiny. Like 18fps per inch after 26".
Good info to have. Thanks for messaging.

squirrel_hunter

I have the CVA Optima V2 50 cal LR nitride rifle. It has the thumbhole stock and 28 inch barrel. I put a blackhorn breach plug in nitride in my rifle. Order a Leopold 3x9x40mm ML scope for it too.

Latest posts