Cuddeback System

BSK

Haven't used it. Watched a lot of people use Cuddebacks and I'm always shocked at the high failure rate they experience from that brand of camera.

ttf909

Hated the d cell batteries . Dont like the way u have to open them to change batteries and if u are talking about the ones that tether together , if 1 goes down the others in line are offline too

JCDEERMAN

I know someone that uses them and likes them a lot. He has had some issues with them though. I just wish another company would utilize this technology. No data plan - they just talk to each other like a walkie-talkie. If a company like Browning would do this, I'd be all on board and the first to open my wallet.

cbpedigo21

A lot of the other cell cam companies let you share the data plan, they aren't tethered so if you have one cam down the rest still work. You are just able to share the data plan among the cameras.

JCDEERMAN

Haha that bad huh?
He's been saying that for years and I've used that line when others have asked me about cameras. I have one Cuddeback in my arsenal that has worked well, surprisingly, and am impressed with it. I didn't buy it - got it for Christmas or birthday. However, I have a buddy that has had 2 catch fire and melt :oops:

TheLBLman

Haha that bad huh?
My opinion is that Cuddeback has put more their profits into "marketing" than into research and development.

Many years ago, the predecessor of Cuddeback (was called the "Non-Typical" company) actually mass produced perhaps the best value in "commercially" produced trail cams. These were 35mm film cams.
Later, sometime around 17-18 yrs ago, at least commercially speaking, they mass produced one of the first (and for that time, quite good) digital trail cams. It was only a 1.3 mp camera, but the advantage of digital over 35mm film was soon appreciated by the masses.

I was a slow convert to digital myself, but my first several digital trail cams were made by "Non-Typical", now "Cuddeback". I had already gone to "homebrews" using real Sony cameras which were far, far superior to anything commercially sold (at least at the time).

My last Cuddeback was the model that destroyed their reputation with many professional users:
The Cuddeback "NO FLASH".
BSK and I could co-author a book about the Cuddeback "NO COUNT"!

In retrospect, some of those experiences with the Cuddeback NO COUNT can now be looked back at and seen as comical. No telling how many times I changed out the batteries on one, walked away, then heard all the batteries falling out. Made a racket, too, as they were "C" size batteries. Once, as I walked away, there was a clap of thunder, followed by all the Cuddeback batteries rolling down the hill, followed by me trying to find them in a torrential rain!

Honestly don't know how Cuddeback has stayed in business, and speculate most who say good things about that company are somehow being paid for their endorsements.

Latest posts