Covert LORA System

Spurhunter

Anyone took the plunge yet? I am a huge fan of Covert cameras, but I've never used one of their cell cams. I can't find many reviews on the LORA system. Doing the math, I could save $150 a year on data plans with the LORA compared to my 3 Spypoints I'm currently using. Of course, the system is $800 for 3 cams and the modem.

JCDEERMAN

I'm glad they are just now available. I was all in on getting these when they were supposed to come out last June. Since then, I have talked myself out of going cellular. I don't have any experience with them, so I cant contribute much, but from my research it looked to be a very nice setup. Still waiting on another manufacturer to produce the system that Cuddeback has without going cellular and still have transmission to one camera. But I'm not buying Cuddeback.

Spurhunter

I'm glad they are just now available. I was all in on getting these when they were supposed to come out last June. Since then, I have talked myself out of going cellular. I don't have any experience with them, so I cant contribute much, but from my research it looked to be a very nice setup. Still waiting on another manufacturer to produce the system that Cuddeback has without going cellular and still have transmission to one camera. But I'm not buying Cuddeback.
I really like the cuddeback system in theory, but I won't buy cuddeback either.

jemo4570

I do not know about the Covert system, but a buddy of mine got the Cuddeback system, with 4 cameras, a couple years ago. We set them up in northern Hickman Co. and only got reliable transmission when they were ALL set up on ridges. Any that were set up in a holler would not transmit a signal to the "base" unit. To me this was not acceptable. I personally use Spypoint's everywhere.

ttf909

Ordered the lora end of November from them direct.
When signing up for a plan the camera declined the lora plan multiple times. It would only work on non lora plans but only give 50 pictures and stop.
Called covert . They said they would get me an answer and call back .
They did not . after a week I called them . Still no resolution.
So I reinstalled the plan and deployed the cams. 50 pics again and stop .
Finally got them again and tech still wouldn't take the call . Abigail the csr relayed the info to me. Apparently they did something but I haven't been able to make the drive to reboot cam.
I was with covert when they did thr first cell cams and apparently they didnt have their equipment cellular certified so every 30 days it would kick off. I was their Guinea pig then and didnt get anything for my trouble.
Then they did away with 3g and they wouldn't offer me any thing on 5 cameras and one cam they offered 100 bucks off which was more than I could get the same cam on ebay for less.
So for several years I went with 20 or so other brand cell cams .
Now I try them again and they fail miserably. Added this mess later. Yeah I suck at typing

Coverts failure cost me money and time and offered me a 20 percent off in their online store. Best they could do? I have been their Guinea pig now a couple times and the lora still isn't working . I'd pass on them for now .

Spurhunter

Ordered the lora end of November from them direct.
When signing up for a plan the camera declined the lora plan multiple times. It would only work on non lora plans but only give 50 pictures and stop.
Called covert . They said they would get me an answer and call back .
They did not . after a week I called them . Still no resolution.
So I reinstalled the plan and deployed the cams. 50 pics again and stop .
Finally got them again and tech still wouldn't take the call . Abigail the csr relayed the info to me. Apparently they did something but I haven't been able to make the drive to reboot cam.
I was with covert when they did thr first cell cams and apparently they didnt have their equipment cellular certified so every 30 days it would kick off. I was their Guinea pig then and didnt get anything for my trouble.
Then they did away with 3g and they wouldn't offer me any thing on 5 cameras and one cam they offered 100 bucks off which was more than I could get the same cam on ebay for less.
So for several years I went with 20 or so other brand cell cams .
Now I try them again and they fail miserably. Added this mess later. Yeah I suck at typing

Coverts failure cost me money and time and offered me a 20 percent off in their online store. Best they could do? I have been their Guinea pig now a couple times and the lora still isn't working . I'd pass on them for now .
Thank you for the info! That is very disappointing to hear!