Covert MP8 Black vs Browning Special Opts

Mr.Bro

After 2 years with three Browning i'm not very impressed. Inconsistent at best. No reason at all and they just quit. Go from 200 pics a day and then skip 6 days and then back to 200 a day??? Middle of the day black pics??? Thought at first I would like the wide angle lens. Not. Maybe over a field they would be ok. Close in over Trophy Rock and aiming must be very precise or you get 3/4 pics of the sky or nothing over 15 feet away.
4 Covert MP 8 Blacks, all 2016 or 2017 models and zero malfunctions after 2 years.
New record for a 3 week soak. 7968 pics and Lithiums still show 100%. If your not using Energizer Ultimate Lithiums your wasting money and time changing out batteries.
Sorry no pics. Nothing worthy enough.
Good luck to all this year.

Andy S.

That sucks. I have no experience with Browning Special Ops, but we have had great luck thus far out of Browning Dark Ops. All of our 2015 models are still running strong as of today. This is the exact reason I only recommend a specific model, and year produced, not just a name brand, or model. China made cameras are prone to switching manufacturers year in and year out, without the consumer ever knowing there is a change. Parts, technical capability, QC/QA, among other things can suffer when this happens.

Mr.Bro

Rechecked and mine are the Dark Opts also. Pulled 2 out yesterday and will give them the back yard test for a few days.
Not getting any big bucks, which is unusual. Things will get better.
Good luck again.

megalomaniac

Be sure u are using a class 10 reg SD card in the browning... NOT a micro SD card and it needs to be at least 80meg per sec xfer rate.

I run both, but I have a browsing dark ops which has been in the field running for 2 years constantly without a glitch.

Biggest problem with coverts is getting debris on the seal, then you don't get a good seal and moisture gets into the internals. Pit a dab of vasoline on the seal and clean it frequently

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Andy S.

megalomaniac":1cedwxnw said:
Be sure u are using a class 10 reg SD card in the browning......and it needs to be at least 80meg per sec xfer rate
Good suggestion, and the only class (class 10 writing/transfer speed) I will run in any of my cameras.

Jmed

Covert's customer service is tops in the biz. I have several of the MP8s and have had no trouble. Im also running a bunch of the code blacks and those suckers seem bullet proof.

TN hunter

I have several browning dark ops two that are on their 5th season. No problems at all. I also have three 3 browning spec-ops that I strictly run on video mode. I did have a problem with one of the spec-ops( the daytime videos would false trigger and fill the SD card) I checked the settings all were good. Called browning customer service and sent the camera back. They could not find a reproducible problem and they sent the camera back. I called them back when I received the camera and told them that there was a problem with the camera. They sent me a new camera and told me to keep the current camera. No other issues noted. The spec-op videos are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts