Browning Special Opts

Mr.Bro

Has been a great video camera until now. Camera check today on a 4 week soak and screen shows moisture. Screen says card not formatted. Don't believe that. Been doing this a long time. 4 hrs later and moisture is slowly disappearing from screen. Camera check with new batteries now appears to work properly. Will reset tomorrow knowing trailcampro will take care if moisture problem continues. Any suggestions for moisture getting inside. 1st time ever with a Browning camera.

TheLBLman

Any suggestions for moisture getting inside.
Two things in particular you can do to reduce the chance of moisture getting into your cams:

1) Use a steel box to house the cam.

2) Use Gorilla brand camo duct tape to "tape" the cracks anywhere something hinges.

I've mainly had problems in the past with those cams with full-sized doors. The Browning doors are largely protected because much of the cam is above the door shielding it.

Also, I place the camo Gorilla duct tape on the tops of those steel boxes as well.

Speaking of the Gorilla brand, it is the only camo duct tape I've found to have no reflective "sheen" or shine to it. Other brands "camo" duct tape can reflect like a mirror, doing more harm than good for those who want "camo".

JCDEERMAN

Shouldn't have to do anything IMO to try and reduce water getting in there. They have a warranty, send it back asap and tell them everything you just posted here and they should send you a new one. Browning is the best out there for the money and their customer service has served me very well (1 camera I've sent back) and got a huge discount on the newer model (after warranty ran out). All other brownings (12 of them) have worked flawlessly

Mr.Bro

This is the 1st Browning with any problems what so ever. Willchech another's Special Opts in the morning. Hopefully no problems. Thanks for all suggestions.

TheLBLman

I have had one Browning cam show some moisture issues (out of over a dozen).
This was a Scout Pro Cellular unit I had placed on a tripod mount (no steel box).
Sometime last year we had some absolutely torrential rains, several inches fell in a short timeframe.
That cam got wet inside & quit working.

I called Browning, they said send it back.
Ironically, after it had dried off a bit, it was again working before I could mail it back.
I called them again, they said send it back anyway.
They then sent me a new cam.
My only expense was the postage to mail it one way.

Since so many cams have gone to their doors being smaller and on the bottom of the units, I've had less issues with moisture. I learned the tape trick a few years ago when my Coverts, Bushnell (and other brands) were having moisture issues.

More recently, I've become a fan of the steel boxes to reduce the potential for moisture issues. These boxes also help reduce sunlight degradation of the door seals, as well as the overall cam. IMO, prolonged exposure to direct sunlight is often the main cause of cam moisture issues.

Tn_Va_Hunter

I've got a new browning cam I bought over the summer from TSC. The screen just shows up green and doesn't take pics. I'm gonna send it in and see what they say. I've got 6 or 7. After time they all have issues. One is 8 years old and not picking up anything past avoid 15 feet.

Latest posts