crows pulling corn shoots

mike243

lead poisining but pertmit needed at this time of year.been told kill 1 & hang it in field & they wont come back till its removed

chero

Only 5 100ft rows, but it's all gone. Gonna replant when things dry up.

The lead poisoning would make me feel better about losing the 1st crop.

JCDEERMAN

Get a fake owl from Dicks or Gander. They are about 10 bucks. I drive a 6ft (or shorter) stake in the ground and set the owl on top of it right in the middle of my garden. I've never had any problems. Crows HATE owls

catman529

Makes me mad that crow season is only June through Feb on weekends... they are a terrible pest and most people don't even know there is a crow season, they just kill them. One of the laws I don't agree with but try and stick to nonetheless. If they were pulling up my plants, who knows what I would do. Depends on the price of a permit I guess.

trealtree

catman529 said:
Makes me mad that crow season is only June through Feb on weekends... they are a terrible pest and most people don't even know there is a crow season, they just kill them. One of the laws I don't agree with but try and stick to nonetheless. If they were pulling up my plants, who knows what I would do. Depends on the price of a permit I guess.

There are federal laws on the books that allow you to kill them year round if they are causing problems. I posted the law a while back on here. But I owuld check with TWRA before going by the federal law because it also states you must comply with state laws when using the federal law.... Yes confusing I thought so..lol

Chaneylake

chero said:

douse corn seed with turpentine before planting, no it will not hurt the seed, it will only take a couple of ounces, try this and you will never regret

I have been doing this for years, an Ole Timer told me this trick

when I plant my sunflowers I will pour 1 regular size can of turpentine on 250# of sunflower seeds

the smell of the turpentine will help deter all critters away until the plants are established

LA man

Chaneylake said:
chero said:

douse corn seed with turpentine before planting, no it will not hurt the seed, it will only take a couple of ounces, try this and you will never regret

I have been doing this for years, an Ole Timer told me this trick

when I plant my sunflowers I will pour 1 regular size can of turpentine on 250# of sunflower seeds

the smell of the turpentine will help deter all critters away until the plants are established

this works, i did it last year and it solved the problem

Latest posts