crossbow

bowriter

R.I.P.
They belong in archery season because they aren't firearms. They are short range weapons that shoot arrows. No more accurate than compounds, no faster, no greater range.

More popcorn, anyone?

LCU

Firearms have 2 seasons yet are each guns.
ML and Rifle.

Bows should have 2 seasons, as each are bows.
CB and Bow.

Separation within a class is done today. I say expand it to BC's as well

TheAirMan

If you feel that way about cross bows, would you mind waiting until rifle season to use the Omega in your signature, and leave muzzleloader for sidelocks and flintlocks.

mike243

pass the popcorn bowriter :) i think ya missed a D there ol buddy,think it means a bullet drop compensator,my spelling sucks but pull out the old rangefinder that he uses with his compound bow,see what the range is & put the mark there & let it rip,yep tradional hunting all the way :) ,if i could still hunt a bow i would hunt with both,mike243

roadracer

I bought a xb so my son and daughter, who can't yet pull back a compound, can spend more time with me in the woods. I also severely messed up my hand and wrist in an motorcycle crash three weeks ago and can't hunt with my compound for several months so I am glad TN has a xb legal season.

In addition, I am way more accurate at greater distances with my compound than the xb. I am less accurate with my recurve than either so saying there should be different seasons for each doesn't hold water.

The technology available to the modern hunter eliminates a lot of the guess work and aids in good humane kills at greater distances. I think that after awhile this leads to less individual satisfaction with hunting and that is why you see more people hunting only trophy animals, switching back to more traditional gear like recurves and side locks or getting the rush from watching our children's experiences in the woods.

Radar

roadracer said:
I bought a xb so my son and daughter, who can't yet pull back a compound, can spend more time with me in the woods. I also severely messed up my hand and wrist in an motorcycle crash three weeks ago and can't hunt with my compound for several months so I am glad TN has a xb legal season.

In addition, I am way more accurate at greater distances with my compound than the xb. I am less accurate with my recurve than either so saying there should be different seasons for each doesn't hold water.

The technology available to the modern hunter eliminates a lot of the guess work and aids in good humane kills at greater distances. I think that after awhile this leads to less individual satisfaction with hunting and that is why you see more people hunting only trophy animals, switching back to more traditional gear like recurves and side locks or getting the rush from watching our children's experiences in the woods.
I agree .

Latest posts