Crock pot burritos

Rowdy

I'm hoping someone might have a recipe for cooking up venison for burritos :grin: I know a lot of you are not crock pot fans :eek:, but I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to cookin. :crazy: Any advice would be appreciated. :)

mike243

if it were me id just put it in the crock pot & cook all day on low,then when i got home pull it & coarse chop.take some fahita {sp} or taco seasonings & follow the directions for making the sauce in a skillet & add your meat & bring back up to temp,mike243

memace

This one is pretty good I tried for the first time last week.

"Chalupa Crockpot Roast"

1. 3-4 lb boneless roast (beef or pork � I like pork better. Haven�t tried venison yet.)
2. 2.5 cups of dry pinto beans (out of a bag)
3. 1 chopped onion
4. 1 can chopped green chilies
5. 2 cans RoTel tomatoes, chopped
6. Half tsp. oregano
7. 1 can cream of mushroom soup
8. 1 cup water
9. 1 clove of garlic (I use 3 or 4)
10. chili powder

Coat the roast with chili powder and put in the bottom of a 5 qt. crockpot. Layer the rest of the stuff on top of the meat. Cook on low for 12-16 hours. Do not stir 'till time is up! Then, when you're ready, stir all together; the roast should just fall apart. Eat in a flour tortilla like a burrito or on rice or however you want.

JimFromTN

I make venison burritos all the time. No need for a crock pot. Just cut it into small chunks/strips, cleaning it of any sinew or grissel, and season with a taco mix packet. Take a cast iron skillet and get it real hot and throw the meat in and sear. I like to cook it to a medium rare and pull the pan off the heat. You may find that you eat half the meat before it makes it to the tortilla.

Latest posts