Crimson Tide R.I.P.

JBell

Yes , and a gold mine that produced nuggets never quits giving, an oil well blows a thousand feet in the air without ceasing for 10,000 years….and Bama remains a top 5 team indefinitely…..you bamers….🙄
Hasn't been proven otherwise yet. So y'all can hope all you want. Build your dreams brick by brick!! Then next year yall can say he's only doing it with sabans players (which yall also say was washed up and couldn't hang with a "even" playing field) UT fans blab worse than Joe Biden without a teleprompter.

bigquacks

The only down years in the poll era of Alabama football history was when Fat Phil turned Alabama in to the NCAA to try and get the death penalty handed down on his biggest rival because he couldn't beat 'em otherwise .
Be sure to get all the facts correct. Article below from a Tuscaloosa news organization point to more than Fulmer pointing the finger. In fact it states that Fulmer's testimony wasnt presented to the NCAA Committee on Infractions. Also facts show Fulmer was 11-5 vs bama. Don't let facts get in the way of your argument.
https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/stor...only-coach-to-talk-about-alabama/27861705007/

prstide

Be sure to get all the facts correct. Article below from a Tuscaloosa news organization point to more than Fulmer pointing the finger. In fact it states that Fulmer's testimony wasnt presented to the NCAA Committee on Infractions. Also facts show Fulmer was 11-5 vs bama. Don't let facts get in the way of your argument.
https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/stor...only-coach-to-talk-about-alabama/27861705007/
Tell me what years Fulmer beat Alabama and what years Alabama's probation spanned. Use your deductive reasoning to present the FACTS you speak of and share whether these 2 things are mutually exclusive or inclusive. I'll wait…..don't let those facts get in the way of your argument(including the one you've counted as a win that was actually a tie but forfeited to TN after the probation that Fulmer helped set into motion against his main rival).

prstide

Football is a game of wins and losses
Nick Saban won his last game coaching against every team in the entire SEC conference. He finished his career at Alabama with a 16-1 record against UTjr, including a run of 15 straight, which has emotionally damaged the GBO fanbase in perpetuity.
Nick Saban ain't nothing but a winner.
😲😉
FIFY

prstide

LOL

You really don't think the Bammers didn't "report " Fulmer? The fact that Tn didn't end up on probation pretty well shows he wasn't doing the EXACT same thing.
Incredulous Come On GIF by Almost Christmas Movie

volboy

Never denied that Alabama wasn't guilty of the actions—just that Fulmer went and snitched while he was doing the exact same thing.
Saban was on of the biggest "snitches" against them as he was coaching at MSU at that time. Also there were several other coaches that witnessed and reported "snitched" on the red elephants as well.

BMan

LOL

You really don't think the Bammers didn't "report " Fulmer? The fact that Tn didn't end up on probation pretty well shows he wasn't doing the EXACT same thing.

I don't recall any news reports where Tennessee football was facing the death penalty - unlike alabama.

PillsburyDoughboy

I don't recall any news reports where Tennessee football was facing the death penalty - unlike alabama.
The only program that has been called a cheating culture by the NCAA has been the vols under the direction of phil fulmer as AD.

That's not a rumor or internet trash talk. It's a documented fact ! BOOM !

BMan

The only program that has been called a cheating culture by the NCAA has been the vols under the direction of phil fulmer as AD.

So you're confirming my statement - which is documented fact.

You may also want to schedule a psych eval soon - you're delusional.

Darling Nikki ws hip-deep in cheating every day he was in alabama.

XCR-2

Well let's see, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that every single team cheats in some way. If you ain't cheatin you takin a beatin! Michigan cheated this year I guess. Don't really consider it cheating in my mind, more like strategically planning to whoop tail in my book but anyway, they're national champions.

prstide

Saban was on of the biggest "snitches" against them as he was coaching at MSU at that time. Also there were several other coaches that witnessed and reported "snitched" on the red elephants as well.
I'm not refuting that there might have been other coaches saying stuff. My original statement was about Fulmer singing to the NCAA to gain a competitive advantage over his biggest rival because he couldn't beat them. The record shows how Fulmer faired when Alabama wasn't under NCAA scrutiny.
That period of time was in line with when Tennessee had the most success in their programs history. It's not a coincidence and without it "Feels Like 98" likely never would've been a thing.

prstide

Well let's see, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that every single team cheats in some way. If you ain't cheatin you takin a beatin! Michigan cheated this year I guess. Don't really consider it cheating in my mind, more like strategically planning to whoop tail in my book but anyway, they're national champions.
I don't agree with cheating/breaking rules but do agree that it happens everywhere and we'd be naive to think otherwise. Whether the coaches and staff are directly involved is also something that varies from place to place.

PillsburyDoughboy

So you're confirming my statement - which is documented fact.

You may also want to schedule a psych eval soon - you're delusional.

Darling Nikki ws hip-deep in cheating every day he was in alabama.
let's see:

vols sanctioned and fined for hundreds of violations in NCAA investigation under AD phil fulmer

Michigan under investigation and Likley to get sanctions. In NCAA INVESTIGATION

Colorado self reports 11 violations

Florida State with NIL recruiting violations

Georgia NCAA violations for gifts to players

Florida under investigations for NIL deals

ALABAMA under NO NCAA investigation

Imagine that.

LY

More like he and all the other coaches sang to the NCAA to get an even playing field and not have to compete against cheaters.

I also wonder about all those wins against Fulmer when they weren't under "NCAA scrutiny". You mention that Fulmer didn't fair well, as if their cheating had nothing at all to do with all those wins. Kinda ironic that your whole statement on this kinda proves that AL could only beat Fulmer when they were cheating. Having to follow the rules due to being under "NCAA scrutiny" brought them back to reality where Fulmer apparently fared quite well.

You also seem very sensitive to my previous post about giving him 3-5 years. Well that's when all new coaches tend to get on the hot seat and fired. There's no denying that other SEC teams either are stronger or getting stronger and deeper with OK and TX joining.

Even with Saban staying it was going to be tougher than it has been to win the SEC. Now with a new coach that is going to be even harder still. On top of that, he's also going to have the added pressure of following not only a great coach, but the ghost of Bryant AND a fan base that's gotten spoiled with winning.

It can be done, but the odds are against him. It seems from your sensitivity to the subject that you know this too.

Latest posts