Crimson Tide R.I.P.

bigquacks

This **** has to get fixed.
Why all the sudden does it need fixed? I am tired of hearing this narrative lately. It wasnt a problem until it started the hurt bama. Everyone else has been adapting to it for the last couple of years, but woe is college football if something happens to its golden child.

JBell

Why all the sudden does it need fixed? I am tired of hearing this narrative lately. It wasnt a problem until it started the hurt bama. Everyone else has been adapting to it for the last couple of years, but woe is college football if something happens to its golden child.
It really didn't damage bama beyond repair. Has hurt other teams. I truly understand kids being committed to a coach and if he leaves or is fired, they should have an exemption… but kids literally going to a new team every year is "free agency". It's killing the sport. Maybe they should make these kids sign contracts. So, don't quote me like I have all the sudden flipped my opinion.

Bamamonts

Just like Bama has adapted since it started including this year. I think it sucks for Washington fans. You lose your coach and then your player transfer. That sucks.
People have been saying it longer than this year. I think they need to make changes to the transfer portal and NIL but it what it is and everybody has to adapt.
I do think changes are coming but it seems those wheels turn slow.

Gravey

Don't send me any nasty messages. Just thought it was funny! 😂
IMG_5836.jpeg

Iglow

Nick became Alabama football, now that he's gone, Bama football is gonna go round and round like a big crimson turd in the sec toilet. As it does PBD and BamaProud are gonna watch it do so till their heads start to swim and they fall out. Wildcat will be seen fanning them on the tile floor with his federal court summons for charges relating to TREASON and inciting a MOB !!!!

Last edited:

PalsPal

Saw something in relation to Harbaugh's leaving MI vs Saban and Bama.

He waited until classes had started, thus ensuring that the incoming coach had a semester to convince guys to stay.

Saban could've done the same, but he didn't.

JBell

He waited until classes had started, thus ensuring that the incoming coach had a semester to convince guys to stay.

Doesn't work like that. They are now eligible to enter the portal. It's crap!

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Bammer will be fine. Yall all know it.
You're right I'd say. Although, what do you mean by "fine"? Will they win as much as they have in the last 17 seasons, or less or more? Are Alabama fans going to be fine with the Alabama football of the 80's and 90's? Or really, satisfied with Alabama football records without Nick Saban or Bear Bryant? I know that even outside those two coaches Alabama has a lot of good seasons, but the drop off is considerable.

bloodtrailing

Nice try fanning the flames of your lingering Saban hate, incorrect on how it works.

The transfer portal officially closed for underclassmen on Jan. 2, but that won't prevent Michigan players from entering. When the NCAA introduced portal windows, it made an exemption for players whose head coach departed their program. Once a head coach leaves, a 30-day window is immediately triggered for players on that team to enter the portal.

volboy

Nice try fanning the flames of your lingering Saban hate, incorrect on how it works.

The transfer portal officially closed for underclassmen on Jan. 2, but that won't prevent Michigan players from entering. When the NCAA introduced portal windows, it made an exemption for players whose head coach departed their program. Once a head coach leaves, a 30-day window is immediately triggered for players on that team to enter the portal.
That is correct, the portal is open for them, but, since Michigan has already started their spring semester, the players they can enter portal but they are not eligible to transfer to a new school until AFTER this semester. For alabama, since Saban timing, their players could leave the school and enroll somewhere else, which some did. I think that is reason a lot are saying Harbaugh timing was better for their school than satban's timing.

BamaProud

You're right I'd say. Although, what do you mean by "fine"? Will they win as much as they have in the last 17 seasons, or less or more? Are Alabama fans going to be fine with the Alabama football of the 80's and 90's? Or really, satisfied with Alabama football records without Nick Saban or Bear Bryant? I know that even outside those two coaches Alabama has a lot of good seasons, but the drop off is considerable.

I don't think Alabama football will instantly regress to a 6-6 team but anyone who thinks that it is likely that Alabama will enjoy the same level of success under DeBoer as Saban is crazy too. Sabans success at Alabama probably won't ever be matched anywhere.

I do think Alabama will continue to compete for the SEC title and thus remain in the playoff (now 12 teams) conversation for the foreseeable future. This coaching change isn't anything comparable to the coaching changes in the 1980's, 90s, or even the first one(Shula) in the 2000's.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I don't think Alabama football will instantly regress to a 6-6 team but anyone who thinks that it is likely that Alabama will enjoy the same level of success under DeBoer as Saban is crazy too. Sabans success at Alabama probably won't ever be matched anywhere.

I do think Alabama will continue to compete for the SEC title and thus remain in the playoff (now 12 teams) conversation for the foreseeable future. This coaching change isn't anything comparable to the coaching changes in the 1980's, 90s, or even the first one(Shula) in the 2000's.
I feel the same way, but I'd only say that some of those coaching hires had just as much anticipation as Deboer. I also still think he won't last very long at all.

BamaProud

I feel the same way, but I'd only say that some of those coaching hires had just as much anticipation as Deboer. I also still think he won't last very long at all.

Yea, the same can be said for pretty much any coaching hire at any school. Fans are always optimistic....until they aren't. But again, this hire isn't the same as replacing a coach that was fired or forced out. Saban left Alabama in a pretty good situation unlike most coaching changes.

TNTreeman

Yea, the same can be said for pretty much any coaching hire at any school. Fans are always optimistic....until they aren't. But again, this hire isn't the same as replacing a coach that was fired or forced out. Saban left Alabama in a pretty good situation unlike most coaching changes.
DeBoer has won everywhere he's been, who knows if he will at bammer. You never want to follow the man, you want to follow the man that follows the man. Coaches like Saban don't come along everyday and hopefully DeBoer is less like him and more like DuBose. 😜

Latest posts