Crimson Tide R.I.P.

Iglow

Here's what I see, Bama goes into 24 with incredible scrutiny , all eyes on the Tide, they lose to Georgia, they lose to LSU, they lose to Tennessee, and oh my, they lose to Auburn ( only a miracle prevented it this year) and the reasonable few fans are patient, the nutty masses go ballistic.
Year 2 is similar and DeBoers wife tells him the weather is miserable, it's too hot here and the people are crazy, the kids come home crying and he's praying a Mountain West job comes open but doesn't.
Year three begins under a cloud of doubt and he's fired the day after an Iron Bowl loss….then the real decent begins…..

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
….then the real decent begins…..
So you think that they'll be REAL DECENT after all of that?

I'm not a prognosticator usually, and I'm definitely not going to try to be Nostradamus about Deboer. I think that he is a hire who could be a big hit (won everywhere that he's gone with a Midwest work ethic) or a big miss (no ties to the Southeast and not familiar with SEC caliber talent or expectations). Either of those sides could be over or under stated, but only time will tell.

He runs a totally different system than Saban has in the past, so I will predict that Alabama football will be… DIFFERENT next season and in the coming seasons. We'll just have to see if that is great, good, bad, or ugly

PillsburyDoughboy

Here's what I see, Bama goes into 24 with incredible scrutiny , all eyes on the Tide, they lose to Georgia, they lose to LSU, they lose to Tennessee, and oh my, they lose to Auburn ( only a miracle prevented it this year) and the reasonable few fans are patient, the nutty masses go ballistic.
Year 2 is similar and DeBoers wife tells him the weather is miserable, it's too hot here and the people are crazy, the kids come home crying and he's praying a Mountain West job comes open but doesn't.
Year three begins under a cloud of doubt and he's fired the day after an Iron Bowl loss….then the real decent begins…..
I'll play ur silly game and Trump u a silly game.

Let's assume ur half right. We lose half those games u mention. Maybe Georgia and LSU. We are a two loss team and in the #12 spot. For the sake of stupid silly game sake under the new 12 playoff system somehow tn is in there ALABAMA shatters the dreams of tn and takes out the vols and then takes out GEORGIA and makes a run at a natty.

Remember all u losers asked for this 12 game system. I'll save this post for receipts.

PillsburyDoughboy

So you think that they'll be REAL DECENT after all of that?

I'm not a prognosticator usually, and I'm definitely not going to try to be Nostradamus about Deboer. I think that he is a hire who could be a big hit (won everywhere that he's gone with a Midwest work ethic) or a big miss (no ties to the Southeast and not familiar with SEC caliber talent or expectations). Either of those sides could be over or under stated, but only time will tell.

He runs a totally different system than Saban has in the past, so I will predict that Alabama football will be… DIFFERENT next season and in the coming seasons. We'll just have to see if that is great, good, bad, or ugly
I didn't watch the Texas game or the NC so I did not get a chance to see Washington ball it out at a higher level. I plan on watching it on review on utube.

Tge Oregon Washington game the looked Huge and they were fast compared to many of the SEC games I have watched all season long so DeBoer knows how to recruit the right players.

I think the key going in will be for DeBoer to recruit and retain the Key ALABAMA players he has on the roster now and continue to recruit at a really high level . Show the team he means bussiness.

Secondly securing Ryan Grubb would go a long way into developing the speed of the offense and developing Milroe into a Elite QB .

Those things should be priority one

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I didn't watch the Texas game or the NC so I did not get a chance to see Washington ball it out at a higher level. I plan on watching it on review on utube.

Tge Oregon Washington game the looked Huge and they were fast compared to many of the SEC games I have watched all season long so DeBoer knows how to recruit the right players.

I think the key going in will be for DeBoer to recruit and retain the Key ALABAMA players he has on the roster now and continue to recruit at a really high level . Show the team he means bussiness.

Secondly securing Ryan Grubb would go a long way into developing the speed of the offense and developing Milroe into a Elite QB .

Those things should be priority one
You'd better get with him on that. I'm sure that he'd appreciate your advice as much as Saban did

JBell

I think he will ride whats left of Saban classes, then we will see what he can do.
Just curious, what class did he ride in Washington? I'm cautiously optimistic. Kirby is the only person I'd consider a lateral swap from saban. But Deboer has done it everwhere he's been. Time will tell. And y'all can hope all you want until October…..

Iglow

Ok now think, in any sport ANY sport at any level can you remember anything like the run Alabama has had? There were many remarkable last second victories but still a win is a win. You had Saban and the players.
The only thing I can think of that approaches it is the NE Patriots with Brady and Belichick , then 1 of those elements leaves the Patriots and the Patriots start heading for the toilet.
In college football the players leave but the coach is the constant so with Bama it can't be just the players…. and the coach is gone….. no sports team has done what the Tide did that I can think of, but just common sense should tell you they are way , WAY overdue for a major downfall. The tide isn't gonna be a perennial top 5 team till the sun burns out and the universe implodes, every great run comes to an end. It does. I'm sorry but it just does….

Last edited:

Iglow

Nope. He's the GOAT! Plain and simple.
Yep … and he's gone. My point exactly, the key to Alabama's success is no longer there.
You mentioned you were gonna keep these posts I will too and 3 years from now when the tide is the picture of average I'm gonna say I tried to tell you.🤷🏻

Last edited:

buckaroo

IMG_0028.png

BamaProud

Nothing but pure speculation (and wishful thinking) on both sides.
I don't have any idea how successful DeBoer will be, but I have to think Saban left him about as good of a situation as an incoming coach could hope for.

Time will tell.

Roll Tide.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Nothing but pure speculation (and wishful thinking) on both sides.
I don't have any idea how successful DeBoer will be, but I have to think Saban left him about as good of a situation as an incoming coach could hope for.

Time will tell.

Roll Tide.
I was gonna leave a thumbs up… then I read that last line. 🤣

I agree with the rest 😃

RobbyW

I think he will ride whats left of Saban classes, then we will see what he can do.
There won't be that many. They are all in the portal. Last time I looked Alabama was ranked 52 in 247 in transfer portal and that was before they all jumped back in when it opened back up. Rivals has them ranked in the 60s

Recruiting doesn't mean anything anymore. It's all about the portal.

bowhunterfanatic

There won't be that many. They are all in the portal. Last time I looked Alabama was ranked 52 in 247 in transfer portal and that was before they all jumped back in when it opened back up. Rivals has them ranked in the 60s

Recruiting doesn't mean anything anymore. It's all about the portal.
I'll have to disagree with that last part. The teams that are great year in and out will still use the high school ranks to build their teams. They'll just cherry pick kids out of the portal to fill gaps. Ole Miss should have a great team this year but I think they are in bad shape for the 25 and 26 season.

Latest posts