Crimson Tide R.I.P.

cbhunter

I'll have to disagree with that last part. The teams that are great year in and out will still use the high school ranks to build their teams. They'll just cherry pick kids out of the portal to fill gaps. Ole Miss should have a great team this year but I think they are in bad shape for the 25 and 26 season.
There are truths from both of your opinions. Michigan and Washington proved this year that you can make it without dominating recruiting rankings

RobbyW

I'll have to disagree with that last part. The teams that are great year in and out will still use the high school ranks to build their teams. They'll just cherry pick kids out of the portal to fill gaps. Ole Miss should have a great team this year but I think they are in bad shape for the 25 and 26 season.
20% percent of all players went into the portal this year. That number will go up. 3 out of 4 Heisman finalist were transfers. I was a little harsh that it doesn't mean anything, but building through the portal is the way things are done now. I would say you get your stars from the portal and fill in with recruits. It's a strange new world.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
There are truths from both of your opinions. Michigan and Washington proved this year that you can make it without dominating recruiting rankings
Bobby Knight proved that for over three decades. They didn't win national championships every year, but they won a TON of games and 3 national championships with very very mediocre talent. He had some issues, but for the most part his players loved him.

JBell

Looks like downs is gone. That one hurt. That boy can play. Hope he serves Georgia well. Sure hate our players have to line up against him next year

PillsburyDoughboy

Exactly what Saban has done. The Portal is full of kids that are probably NEVER going to see the field again and NEVER going to get picked up . He has basically just cherry picked the ones he wanted and built his teams from High School ranks and developing the players he has recruited or gets rid of them at first light and moves onto the next ones that look promicing.

By all looks DeBoer appears to be doing a bit more dipping into the Portal than Saban but with the recent hire of Kane Wommack as DC it appears he understands the importance of filling in from the HS ranks as Kane Wommack has his pulse on the State Of ALABAMA football.

PillsburyDoughboy

That's a big loss. I just read proctor is entering the portal also.
Looking at last years Losses due to the NFL this year we have not loss nearly as many starters it seems in comparison. Fill in a few key positions and things should look bright again. I have a really good feeling about this coach, the staff and the moves he is making. Time will tell of course but Saban has left this team in a great spot for the future, the systems that are in place, the coaches that are in place. Trust the process will be around for many moons.

Bamamonts

Looking at last years Losses due to the NFL this year we have not loss nearly as many starters it seems in comparison. Fill in a few key positions and things should look bright again. I have a really good feeling about this coach, the staff and the moves he is making. Time will tell of course but Saban has left this team in a great spot for the future, the systems that are in place, the coaches that are in place. Trust the process will be around for many moons.
I like Deboer and his staff also. I think Bama will win with him but time will tell. All the Bama fans I've talked to support him.
I'm excited to see how his team plays next year.

Spurhunter

Kane Wommack has his pulse on the State Of ALABAMA football.

I should hope so. He wasn't much more than a high school coach at SOUTH alabama. What a MONSTER hire!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

And by the way, the phrase is has his finger on the pulse. It is not has his pulse on the state.

I'm going to have to reapply that green stripe. I just can't deal with the stupid.

RobbyW

Bobby Knight proved that for over three decades. They didn't win national championships every year, but they won a TON of games and 3 national championships with very very mediocre talent. He had some issues, but for the most part his players loved him.
That is so untrue. I know of a former Mr. Indiana basketball player who went to Indiana and the reason he left was Bobby Knight. Bobby Knight did not respect his players

buckaroo

I guessing when said and done recruiting wise with the portal your team will not be top 15-20, on the other hand the Vols are around top 10 but because of the scholarship penalty, but individual player rankings the Vols have the highest rankings we've ever had

buckaroo

IMG_0039.png

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
That is so untrue. I know of a former Mr. Indiana basketball player who went to Indiana and the reason he left was Bobby Knight. Bobby Knight did not respect his players
I tried to say the vast majority of players, maybe I didn't. I have watched a ton of documentary videos on Bobby Knight and his players, and they loved him. He was hard and vulgar and demanded a lot, but he got more out of less talent than anyone in sports. I went to Purdue, but I absolutely loved watching IU basketball because of how they played the game.

chris1976

Talk about delusional! Y'all have lost about half of your 2 deep. That's not counting the '24, '25, and '26 recruits that are steadily decommitting. I guess keeping positive will help you not to beat your cousin wife. Burn baby burn 🔥

Latest posts