Couple more days

C1295

Gonna hit the woods in the morning and Thursday morning. Probably be my last to sits for a while… took a buddy of mine last Saturday. He was in the service and was in Afghanistan. He struggled with PTSD for a while. He is better now though. We seen a Doe about an hour in and was gonna let him take it…. Wish I would have but he had never shot one. He froze up on me and couldn't shoot. But it was worth how happy he was to just see one. Gonna try that same spot in the morning and see if it will produce something for me. Then I'll try my spot on TVA land near my house one more time Thursday if I don't get anything tomorrow. If not I may just hang it up for the year.

MUP

Never give up buddy. I was putting up a stand for the NEXT season on Dec 28th 2019, then decided to just go ahead and sit in it for that evening after finishing up. Temp was in the mid 70s with a front rolling in, a little windy, and just felt all wrong to be hunting, but I wanted to sit one more time before the season closed, and it paid off. :)

And before anyone comments, that scar across his neck wasn't from me, but likely from a spotlighter that tried and failed earlier in the week, which is common in a field nearby that runs parallel with a roadway. ;) I was VERY fortunate to get another crack at him, as I had seen him two weeks prior chasing does at 200 yards, in the rain. You can see the bullet lodged in his shoulder just under the skin, as I shot him from the other side.

IMG_20191228_155731127.jpg

philsanchez76

Yeah man. Id encourage you to stay after it at least through the first week of December. That week i still see some big deer out. And plus does have returned to food patterns so you could snag a doe too.

Speedwell-Hunter

Never give up buddy. I was putting up a stand for the NEXT season on Dec 28th 2019, then decided to just go ahead and sit in it for that evening after finishing up. Temp was in the mid 70s with a front rolling in, a little windy, and just felt all wrong to be hunting, but I wanted to sit one more time before the season closed, and it paid off. :)

And before anyone comments, that scar across his neck wasn't from me, but likely from a spotlighter that tried and failed earlier in the week, which is common in a field nearby that runs parallel with a roadway. ;) I was VERY fortunate to get another crack at him, as I had seen him two weeks prior chasing does at 200 yards, in the rain. You can see the bullet lodged in his shoulder just under the skin, as I shot him from the other side.

View attachment 204331
MUP

This stories is why I am here

Absolutely unbelievable animal at such a time, this is what HUNTING is about!!!!!

Latest posts