Corn Planting

jmf

When is the latest you have planted corn for food plots? Did it fully mature and dry out? I have some corn that got planted on the 17th of June. Most of my corn was planted the first week of June which I have never planted corn past May but the river stayed high this year. I have two more food plots to plant and was going to plant beans. I have 2 bags of corn left over and was almost thinking of going ahead and planting the last two plots in corn rather than beans. I think it would be more of a learning experience than anything. What are your experiences? I'm in North West TN. Thanks.

SEC

If you get lucky and catch a couple good showers in August and a couple more in September it will do fine. You just have to ask yourself are you feeling lucky.

RedDawg

I sprayed about 4 acres yesterday and will be broadcast seeding RR Corn in two weeks. Fingers crossed. That's what I did last year and the corn hit the maturity date on the opening day of muzzle loader season! But we had some pretty good rain in August last year. So far this year in Decatur County we've had 36" of rain so there is good ground moisture.

Latest posts