Corn consumption

MidTennFisher

Probably coons. So, in addition to several other issues with corn like aflatoxin killing turkeys as mentioned above, your corn piles are propping up a population of known turkey nest raiders. I can't tell you how many trail cam pics I've seen posted where the corn pile is full of coons, and also hogs. Two animals you don't want to be supporting.

I also live in South Carolina and despise everything about baiting deer with corn. Seems like 90% of this state's deer "hunters" couldn't kill a mosquito without bait, let alone a deer.

To be honest, I can't wait for us to have our first CWD+ so that baiting them with corn will be outlawed. Then people will have to learn to actually hunt deer and our population will be much better.

MidTnBuck

I've noticed the same with raising chickens...a fox or coyote will take a chicken and eat it...no evidence in the yard but feathers....where domestic dogs grab one and shake it, kill it, drop it...then chase down another one for a thrill kill....then just leave them in the yard....game over.

And I can honestly say that my neighbors dont have this issue with my dog because I keep her put up.
My dog just did this to 3 of mine yesterday, been around em since they were chicks. Never an inkling of wanting to mess with them then all of a sudden yesterday he has two under each paw.. I believe they got stirred up and that got him stirred up and it escalated from there.

DoubleRidge

My dog just did this to 3 of mine yesterday, been around em since they were chicks. Never an inkling of wanting to mess with them then all of a sudden yesterday he has two under each paw.. I believe they got stirred up and that got him stirred up and it escalated from there.
Yeah. Stinks when it happens. Chickens are no doubt bottom of the food chain. And one time while free ranging ours they got excited and one hen fluttered or flew up and over our chainlink fence into our back yard where our dog was....dog got excited and ran to the chicken and literally ran over the hen...playing rough....hen was dead in minutes....hate it, but free ranging them we'll lose a few from time to time.....now we try to limit free range time to when we are home in the afternoons....let them out to bug around while were working in the yard or garden....always let them out while im mowing....great entertainment watching them chase bugs that are stirred up.

Latest posts