Corn consumption

Football Hunter

I live in Spartanburg now, but deer are deer, in my little plot ,a 50 lb bag of corn doesn't last 24 hoursšŸ«¢ seems strange to me, plenty of rain, everything is lush and green.
Thoughts?
This has happened for weeks now, surprised.

BPhunter

I live in Spartanburg now, but deer are deer, in my little plot ,a 50 lb bag of corn doesn't last 24 hoursšŸ«¢ seems strange to me, plenty of rain, everything is lush and green.
Thoughts?
This has happened for weeks now, surprised.
Corn has a natural sweetness to it.

BPhunter

We especially put out during winter month. Snows can get pretty bad here.
I should have said, it is in a contained feeder. Although we do have very low humidity here.

Last edited:

backyardtndeer

I would agree with those saying raccoons are hammering your corn. You may have half the coons in your county coming to your corn pile. They find it quick and can clean it out in no time.

BSK

Coons. Its been a few years since i put out any but the last time i did i had atleast 10 coons on the trail camera all in the same picture. Said heck with that..
I try to dissuade clients from feeding corn in summer, but some still do, and some use corn to run their baited late-summer census. I try to work with them to set up the safest corn feeding stations possible, but I've got summer census camera pictures of so many coons piled into their feeders that it looks like a coon zombie apocalypse.

Planking

I keep a couple of dps with dry dog food in it around my feeder when im trying to trap hogs. Not seeing much of anything at the feeder right now but coons just keep pouring in.

rifle02

I haven't seen a coon on any of my cameras for months. Maybe not since about this time last year. Coyotes? You bet. I think they are why I see no Coons. They probably ate every one of them!